16 gauge shotguns

DUNKS

On 02/07/2023 at 13:07, Stimo22 said:

I use my W W Greener 16 bore for game and beaters days, the cartridges are not much more than 12 bore and the amount I use is no problem. 

IMG_0053.jpeg

I would love to own that gun. When Stimo22 first posted a photo of it some time ago, I fell in love with it immediately.

Missed out on buying one many years ago and regretted it ever since.

OB

Not really advice, but I will say that an English two and a half inch 16 bore SxS, built on a properly scaled action and to the correct weight, is absolutely the nicest gun it is possible to own and use.

They didn’t call them “sweet sixteens” for nothing.

On 05/07/2023 at 03:05, Old Boggy said:

I would love to own that gun. When Stimo22 first posted a photo of it some time ago, I fell in love with it immediately.

Missed out on buying one many years ago and regretted it ever since.

OB

I understand that WW Greener made approx 1 in 10 as 16 bores, this one was made in 1936 and has the normal makers name on rib. After that is a name in Japanese, as it was sent to Tokyo. 30” barrels with 2 3/4 chambers.

On 06/07/2023 at 21:53, Anglorussian said:

People are failing to look ahead. Lead shot will be banned and in a steel shot world 16 is the new 20. There is a beautiful dark actioned 16g browning 525 in my local. With 30 inch barrels I haven't picked up many shotguns so nice handling and proportioned - very tempted..

Do you know if it's a scaled action?

On 06/07/2023 at 21:53, Anglorussian said:

People are failing to look ahead. Lead shot will be banned and in a steel shot world 16 is the new 20. There is a beautiful dark actioned 16g browning 525 in my local. With 30 inch barrels I haven't picked up many shotguns so nice handling and proportioned - very tempted..

I saw a lovely AYA local to me was considering it until I looked on Just Cartridges at none toxic availability and cost.

I have a sixteen bore side by side and 3 of us on our very small shoot use sweet 16 !

The others are a 16 bore 525 black and a 16 bore rizzini round body !

cartridges are more expensive but we aim for a bag of 60 between the 10 or so guns so in reality not a game changer 

I take mine clay shooting to keep my eye in - but if you are shooting 50 every weekend the difference in cartridge cost and availability is going to be considerable!

I have had a 16 bore itch that I had to scratch and this forum gave me the gun item to scratch it 

Almost sure you will find one on gun trader. 

Agriv8

7466D115-B8B7-43F4-9ACE-F73F9A82ECD7.jpeg

Edited by Agriv8

On 09/07/2023 at 17:47, Weihrauch17 said:

I saw a lovely AYA local to me was considering it until I looked on Just Cartridges at none toxic availability and cost.

Steel easily available by Express, Clever, soon to be Hull and Eley. 

On 09/07/2023 at 10:42, button said:

Do you know if it's a scaled action?

Think it’s 12 action with the 16 barrels on sadly but I may be wrong 

11 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

I have a sixteen bore side by side and 3 of us on our very small shoot use sweet 16 !

The others are a 16 bore 525 black and a 16 bore rizzini round body !

cartridges are more expensive but we aim for a bag of 60 between the 10 or so guns so in reality not a game changer 

I take mine clay shooting to keep my eye in - but if you are shooting 50 every weekend the difference in cartridge cost and availability is going to be considerable!

I have had a 16 bore itch that I had to scratch and this forum gave me the gun item to scratch it 

Almost sure you will find one on gun trader. 

Agriv8

7466D115-B8B7-43F4-9ACE-F73F9A82ECD7.jpeg

Very nice

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

1936 model FH50, so it was 50 Guineas, dispatched to Tokyo. 

You don't come across or see many 16b Greener 's, quite rare really, mines a DH22 No1 of the pair 1930/31 on there change over of address, so my interest was, you could have had the No2, long shot but you never know' I'll keep looking.