Temu

30-6

17 hours ago, snow white said:

Why do you think I am buying steel where did you get that idea some people I am buying house hold it’s like I said I don’t give a fzzzzz what people think if I can get a discount on items I require I will buy them there is no body on here that will turn a discount down I have seen people trying to blag things of this site for peanuts 

My point regarding steel is that it is a large employer in Wales which is heavily subsidised. If the government took your attitude of buy the cheapest no matter what and fuzz everyone else. Then it would bring an even a faster decline of our economy. Do you want the High St to consist of coffee and charity shops only. Not supporting UK industry/businesses is leaving the UK wide open to becoming a 3rd world economy. There is only so much slack in the system to support cheap imports.

2 hours ago, Rem260 said:

My point regarding steel is that it is a large employer in Wales which is heavily subsidised. If the government took your attitude of buy the cheapest no matter what and fuzz everyone else. Then it would bring an even a faster decline of our economy. Do you want the High St to consist of coffee and charity shops only. Not supporting UK industry/businesses is leaving the UK wide open to becoming a 3rd world economy. There is only so much slack in the system to support cheap imports.

Increasing energy prices by prematurely closing coal plants and coal mines, blocking nuclear, blocking wind power, taxing the heck out of diesel, petrol, adding green Levy's to electricity, banning Russian gas etc is what is driving us to be a 3rd world country, and why our steel needs to be so heavily subsidised to even be within feasible costings, never mind the cheapest.

The truth is, cheap energy with an available surplus = healthy economy and prosperity but our so called leaders (and many others) have clearly forgotten this....... or perhaps never learned.

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Increasing energy prices by prematurely closing coal plants and coal mines, blocking nuclear, blocking wind power, taxing the heck out of diesel, petrol, adding green Levy's to electricity, banning Russian gas etc is what is driving us to be a 3rd world country, and why our steel needs to be so heavily subsidised to even be within feasible costings, never mind the cheapest.

The truth is, cheap energy with an available surplus = healthy economy and prosperity but our so called leaders (and many others) have clearly forgotten this....... or perhaps never learned.

This, our Govt is truly insane.

On 13/07/2023 at 20:07, udderlyoffroad said:

Presumably @snow white 

Temu is a retail platform 

It's not a retail platform, it's the Chinese Government hiding behind a sham company in Ireland which in turn is hiding behind a sham company in Singapore.

The object is to suck hard currency from western economies into China.  All our money goes one way towards them. None of their money comes back towards us.

Trade has to be a two way thing, this is nothing of the sort.

It's a long term strategy 

12 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It's not a retail platform, it's the Chinese Government hiding behind a sham company in Ireland which in turn is hiding behind a sham company in Singapore.

The object is to suck hard currency from western economies into China.  All our money goes one way towards them. None of their money comes back towards us.

Trade has to be a two way thing, this is nothing of the sort.

It's a long term strategy 

The Chinese government isn't hiding behind Temu any more the the US Government is hiding behind Amazon.

The truth is, China has the cheapest energy supplied by Coal, renewables, Gas, nuclear and oil in that order.

Electricity price in China is 7p\kwh (all in cost including taxes etc) therefore manufacturing is cheap, diesel is 85p\l thereby transport is cheap, etc etc, their government (whether you object to communism or not) has successfully through a series of long term plans has produced conditions for inexpensive energy which has caused the majority of  straight forward (and more complicated) manufacturing to set up shop there.

As noted in my previous response, our successive governments have done the opposite.

Our mainstream political parties (Cons, Lab, Libs Greens) could reverse this tomorrow but clearly have no interest in doing so and the sheep keep following them... Whilst REFORM UK keeps shouting that you have to change the energy policies, make energy inexpensive, and in surplus to reverse the decline but are ignored by MSM and those who cannot see the wood for the trees.

Screenshot_20230715-083502~2.png

Well, back on topic somewhat my package from Chyyyna arrived this morning, and I didn't even feel a tinge of guilt as I denied HMRC and UK a pound shop employee my 'hard' currency.  Except of course pound shops don't tend to carry the sort of tat I just purchased, and even if they did, I'd have to go to such a place and mingle with their other customers.  Pass.

Seems to be reasonable quality stuff, certainly about on a par with the retail options.  Very little shooting related but I did buy a couple of barrel brackets so that I can make a rack for my airguns (not enough safe space....).  Seemed easier and more secure than cutting 'u' shapes out of wood and lining with carpet offcuts, as I've done in the past.

Got some DIY related things too. Including a pack of three of those 'long nib' markers for marking out for about £1.30. UK retailers want a fiver each for those things.

To be honest, if we're going to hell in a handcart buying Chinese tat, then I might as well get some trinkets for the handcart.  Trade deficits will not be addressed by denying myself a reasonably priced long nib marker and a roll of sticky targets.