Mossberg Hushpower .410 issue

Ttfjlc

Afternoon, my son’s hushpower has developed a rather annoying habit of pulling the heads off the cases when racked hence he’s having to pull the cases out the barrel with pliers, a 3 shot pump has effectively become a single shot, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if so how was it resolved please?

Fiocchi were the only cartridge that would cycle fine but the latest batch of fiocchis are different and now suffer the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at the ejector bar/ wedge it’s pressed tin and bent at a right angle which forces the cartridge out. Mine had loosened there’s a flat head screw holding it in place. It was causing mine to jam and not cycle properly. If the leading edge is catching it could be causing your sons problems. I put some lock tight on it and have had no problems since. They are great guns but very roughly made mainly from pressed tin so a bit rough and ready. A general clean and polish of working parts won’t hurt. 👍

5 hours ago, London Best said:

A bit of a conflict of statements.

Not really .

A great gun would be something that does exactly  what it was designed to do and do it well . That doesn't mean it needs to be the last word in engineering  or be gold plated for style and bling.  

A mossy 500 is the worlds best selling shot gun of all time .  There is a reason for that . Its a great gun .that always  works .

18 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

A mossy 500 is the worlds best selling shot gun of all time .  There is a reason for that . 

Because it’s dirt cheap and sells well in America?

I don’t want to argue about it. 
I have to admit I have never seen one. 
Come to think of it, after shooting for 62 years in all kinds of shooting environments from crow bashing to driven grouse and everything in between I have never seen anyone using a pump action shotgun.

Between my self and my mate we have had 6 in about 8 years 12 20 and .410 

Ask in any gun shop which gun is guaranteed to sell almost as soon as it comes in .it will be a .410 hushpower based on the 500 .

Military and police forces around the world have trusted it for decades .but your right grouse shooting and pheasant  days are not the ideal location for a pumper .

It's not a rich man's gun .granted its a work horse .

Edited by Ultrastu

On 11/08/2023 at 09:12, London Best said:

A bit of a conflict of statements.

nah they excel at what theyre made to be.  a no frills work horse. ive had a few 500 series and ive currently got a 535  dipped finish plastic. its a pig but it just "does".  21g  on clays   or 42g of steel BB sitting in the mud and sea water. wipe off, pull through, put away.

of my cabinet full of guns if i could only choose 1 and it had to last me the rest of my days hands down that gun

Edited by Sweet11-87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thank you to the guys who backed up my statement I was only offering help, London best there’s no need to be a ****. The vast majority of real shooters/ hunters use cheap guns/ rifles they are our bread and butter, I could treat myself to a nicer gun, go on driven  partridge, pheasant, grouse shoots But for me personally it’s not the essence of shooting you certainly won’t find me trying to belittle anyones knowledge/ experience on here so maybe just read and stick to positive comments.