Electric paint spray gun

steve_b_wales

Can someone recommend a reasonably good paint spray gun please? I want it to paint feather edge fence panels. I have given then a good first coat of Fence Life water based paint, using a brush, which I think is best, but would like to try a sprayer for the second and subsequent coats. Not too expensive but value for money.

Thanks.

We have a Wagner we have used both for emulsion and fence paint.  Have to say use for emulsion was ok but a bit of a faff masking up, however, for fencing and shed it is very good and brilliant for speed. I have also used it to spray a silicon treatment onto "false" stone.  Had it nearly 10 years with the only problem a "lost" rubber washer.   Could be used for gloss but cleaning would be a pain.

We have a Wagner sprayer. Sprayed the whole inside of the house in about a day then did it again a few days later. There is a knack to it if you want to avoid drips and dribbles.

If you are using thick paint it has to be thinned down. We thinned ours with water and it worked very well.

I was very lucky as a very good friend who is a painter by trade came and helped me so all I really did was keep the paint coming to him.

On 22/08/2023 at 11:06, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I would just buy a pump up sprayer 🤔

I was thinking about that myself. I have a small pump sprayer that I use to apply waterproofer for stone, but I'm not sure if the nozzle would be good enough for the fence paint (Ronseal fencelife) but I could always try it I suppose. I've also got a bigger(8ltr) sprayer which I use to apply pre-wash to my vehicles, but again, I don't know if it would be suitable for the fence paint. Another issue would be to maintain a high pressure in the bottle/s, but I'll give it a go later and see how it works.

On 21/08/2023 at 16:15, B725 said:

I got one from Aldi for that very reason and it works very well, you do use a bit of the coating by spraying but it's so much quicker, I think I paid £40 for it .

It came with 2 different paint pot's for different paint. 

I've just seen them in Dronfield Aldi today forty odd quid 👍👍

8 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I was thinking about that myself. I have a small pump sprayer that I use to apply waterproofer for stone, but I'm not sure if the nozzle would be good enough for the fence paint (Ronseal fencelife) but I could always try it I suppose. I've also got a bigger(8ltr) sprayer which I use to apply pre-wash to my vehicles, but again, I don't know if it would be suitable for the fence paint. Another issue would be to maintain a high pressure in the bottle/s, but I'll give it a go later and see how it works.

Hello, worth a try Steve 👍