Game trigger question.

London Best

This morning I was asked to zero a scope on a new rifle bought by a non-rifle shooting friend. 
The rifle was a Gamo Venaro pcp. 
I know little about pcp guns, being a bit of a springer man, although I have cut my springer collection down to about twenty two now.
I seem to remember reading (probably on here) that the Gamo and BSA pcp rifles were virtually one and the same except that the BSA’s had decent triggers but the Gamo’s  were poor? 
I can certainly vouch for the fact that the trigger was poor. In fact, it was horrendous, being made from bendy plastic. 
My question for the pcp gurus (Stu?) is, can the BSA trigger be fitted as a direct replacement for the Gamo trigger?

On 01/09/2023 at 20:58, London Best said:

This morning I was asked to zero a scope on a new rifle bought by a non-rifle shooting friend. 
The rifle was a Gamo Venaro pcp. 
I know little about pcp guns, being a bit of a springer man, although I have cut my springer collection down to about twenty two now.
I seem to remember reading (probably on here) that the Gamo and BSA pcp rifles were virtually one and the same except that the BSA’s had decent triggers but the Gamo’s  were poor? 
I can certainly vouch for the fact that the trigger was poor. In fact, it was horrendous, being made from bendy plastic. 
My question for the pcp gurus (Stu?) is, can the BSA trigger be fitted as a direct replacement for the Gamo trigger?

No LONDON BEST you are right. If BSA triggers are "Premier League" then the Gamo triggers I have tried are very much Southern Conference League hopefuls to be admitted next season. Not very good at all. I tried such at Knibb's as he has a range. After but four shots I thanked him and said that the gun was not for me. 

Anyway to all on PW here's the lovely TLC and the late Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez singing, apparently, about boyfriends and Gamo triggers...

Edited by enfieldspares

Hi I use a bsa ultra mmc and a gamo gx40 . The triggers are different .I was told about changing the trigger screw before I bought the gun but I never changed it I just used it straight from the box . When I first used the gun the bolt was stiff and if l didn’t pull it all the way back to cock it I loaded two pellets after re cocking it. The gun is very accurate, the trigger has a long pull l just got use to it.