Ruger 10/22 Your thoughts would be welcome.

hatter

15 hours ago, hatter said:

Thanks for the advice. My shooting will be from a high seat as well. 

Have you tried peanuts in your feeder? 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I don’t think you will find a better vermin gun than a CZ bolt action 22. 

I’ll definitely be upgrading the trigger. 

Regards Russ

Thanks for replying to my question. It’s much appreciated 👍😊

I agree that the choice of ammo is critical with a semi auto. Thanks for the advice about the Eley subs. 

I’m using a bucket a week of grain currently each feeder / 3 feeders . Peanuts are brilliant but soooooo expensive at £40 a sack compared to £10

8 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’m using a bucket a week of grain currently each feeder / 3 feeders . Peanuts are brilliant but soooooo expensive at £40 a sack compared to £10

Your right about the peanuts, very good but expensive. I get mine from B&M at £20:00 a bag. But there’s so much natural food available at the moment the greys aren’t that interested in the peanuts. 

On 29/09/2023 at 21:04, hatter said:

Your right about the peanuts, very good but expensive. I get mine from B&M at £20:00 a bag. But there’s so much natural food available at the moment the greys aren’t that interested in the peanuts. 

That’s only 10kg tho 😮 £45 a big sack of 25kg . I just checked .

how can peanuts cost so much 

On 01/10/2023 at 08:12, Centrepin said:

So many employers using them?

😂🤣😂🤣

On 01/10/2023 at 15:25, rimfire4969 said:

I have a 10/22 with some mods and love it. I also have a cz that i use as a dedicated night vision rifle even though the scope is a day/night scope if I am going for a little walk around I always grab the Ruger.

Thank you for the reply. 

Russ

being a member of a club ive got a good few spaces for .22 on my ticket and ive had a good few.   if you dont mod them the 10/22  is the worst out the box also it is small, very small infact im not a big bloke and i feel like im all over the thing so if youre remotely adult bloke size its gona feel small (picked it up for buttons of a bloke on here a few months back actually).

rem 597-   probably the best trigger and most accurate i found but least reliable. 

probably unpopular opinion, if i was after a cheap 22 semi auto id probably get a 15/22  easy to strip, accurate, decent enough trigger, reliable as far as 22lr goes, light and as good a magazine as ive used, way oversized but probably a bonus in the dark with N.V.  plus with it having rails and m-lok you can strap all manner of gear to it.

main downside i see is if somone calls the police when youre out shooting rabbits i just think them and the police will get way more exited by the fact it looks a bit military

Edited by Sweet11-87