Jump to content

New String for pull through


Recommended Posts

Any members know what the type of string is called that was used in vintage pull through. Mate has one of these and needs new string and I have old awry one that could do with repair. It is a hemp type and about 3mm but don’t know what it would be called or where I could get some


Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, mellors said:

Para cord. 

Used it for years. 

Yes could use on mine but mate wanted it to look vintage like it was. It is a sort of waxed string

1 hour ago, Mr. Merkel said:

Hi Stimo22, cannot help you with the name of the cord, however I saw this on ebay recently it may be of use to you item 276097682729

Its pull through cord for Bren and enfield rifles dated 1944

Hope it maybe of help


That does look like the right thing, think I will order a couple and try. Thanks don’t think I would have found them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...