Benelli Raffaello

Scully

20 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

How heavy are they please?

I have severe back problems and arthritis and need a light gun.

Sorry Centrepin, but I have no idea. We were in the field as it were, so I wouldn’t know. It felt incredibly light however, and had the Benelli recoil system so recoil was zilch. 
Give them a google, I’m sure weight will be in a spec’ sheet.
6lb 4oz apparently according to one review, but of the two ‘don’t like’ claims, was one of recoil! 
Can’t understand that unless it had no recoil system attached.  🤷‍♂️

You'd have to try one first obviously to ensure it met your requirements. 

Edited by Scully

I used to have a Raffaello, best semi I owned. I only got rid as I wasn't really using it and it was a cabinet queen, prefer my over under. However, if you're in semi auto's then well worth a look. There's a few variants, but they all work the same, it's just styling that is mostly different.

Added bonus is the shim system to set it up for you and the action splits in half making it incredibly easy to maintain, I'd say clean but there really isn't a need seeing as it's inertia rather than gas

https://benelli.it/en/arma/raffaello-black  according this it's 2.95 kg.

I've got a Montefeltro, which I bought for a good price during lockdown, as it wasn't HP Steel Proofed (not that I'd have any concerns putting HP Steel through it).

It's the gun I shoot the best with, and were it not for the fact it sprays carts everywhere it'd be go-to gun for all my rough/walked up.

As for soft shooting:  Some will tell you a gas driven system with the right cartridges is the softest shooting, and I'd agree, in theory.  In practice though, the lighter clay loads can be problematic to cycle with a gas system - so you need to experiment with brands and stick with it, hope they don't change the 'recipe', and keep the gas ports scrupulously clean.  With an inertia system you can pretty much 'run what ya brung' and be sure it will cycle, at the cost of possibly slightly more felt recoil.  But frankly I barely feel the Hull CompX or anything else I've put through it.

Thanks, my mistake, much as I love different types of guns, I hadn't realised it was a semi.

I'm looking for an OU, lightweight. Took a while to find a Beretta Ultralight that suits, now, having found a near perfect gun(for me), unfortunately it's no longer made and not steel proofed.

I can't make my mind up about its replacement by Beretta the Ultraleggero as it has printed plastic side plates fitted and I'm yet to see one in the "flesh". I'm definitely a try before you buy guy, but like to listen to all recommendations. 

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Thanks, my mistake, much as I love different types of guns, I hadn't realised it was a semi.

I'm looking for an OU, lightweight. Took a while to find a Beretta Ultralight that suits, now, having found a near perfect gun(for me), unfortunately it's no longer made and not steel proofed.

I can't make my mind up about its replacement by Beretta the Ultraleggero as it has printed plastic side plates fitted and I'm yet to see one in the "flesh". I'm definitely a try before you buy guy, but like to listen to all recommendations. 

Your Beretta Ultralight will be fine with steel. 👍