Todays shoot

Dougy

Cream Crackered not just the dogs either. 

Not sure of the bag but that doesn't matter, a good day out, dogs worked well, had a laugh with Harley the yellow (normally with Mrs D) I sent him on a runner in a wood, i lost sight of him as i sent Buster the black on another runner. Could find Harley, not returning on the whistle, not concerned he's doing his usual. And yes he was, sat next to a gun with the Pheasant in his mouth waiting for Mrs D (who was at home) to take it from him to despatch, he'd been there for about 3-5 mins. It wasnt till he saw me through a gap in the hedge that he realised it was only me there. 

Waiting for the walking gun. 

20231108_133100_copy_800x360_1.jpg.4ab4f4c6181583a0a2e563350bc25537.jpg

This was a long retrieve of about 170 - 200 yds, open field so an easy one

20231108_143149_copy_600x1331.jpg.efb8b0335521c5a6bf7ca97759136d64.jpg

After in the trailer after the last drive.

20231108_145319_copy_800x360_1.jpg.5424422c51e756df4702f894ad828dd8.jpg

Then end of the day, dogs washed off and in the pub for a few Mini cheddars. And of course a pint. 

20231108_161549_copy_600x1333_1.jpg.c9b5bc2e56a1755c50dd0c31185f3696.jpg

Forgot this one

20231108_130558_copy_600x1331_1.jpg.fddaf88d3b5799d538faefbb82ab3d02.jpg

Edited by Dougy
Image added

Brilliant photos and what sounded a good day out . 

I am at the stage now where all I do is pick up and my beating days are behind me now as my ole back wouldn't think to highly of getting jolted about in the beaters wagon going down the rough tracks and standing about waiting for the drive to start .

One thing we don't do is to go down the pub when the day is over , after we were out in the heavy rain last Saturday I had a hot bath as soon as I got home , although by then the sun was breaking out , although one shoot where I was a team member we used to go for a roast meal down the pub  maybe 2 or 3 times during the season , but not now as like many more pubs in the area it have closed down  .     MM

12 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Brilliant photos and what sounded a good day out . 

I am at the stage now where all I do is pick up and my beating days are behind me now as my ole back wouldn't think to highly of getting jolted about in the beaters wagon going down the rough tracks and standing about waiting for the drive to start .

One thing we don't do is to go down the pub when the day is over , after we were out in the heavy rain last Saturday I had a hot bath as soon as I got home , although by then the sun was breaking out , although one shoot where I was a team member we used to go for a roast meal down the pub  maybe 2 or 3 times during the season , but not now as like many more pubs in the area it have closed down  .     MM

The pub does lay food on for those that choose to go, i dont always stay just happy having a pint and discuss the quality of the shooting. LOL 

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

The pub does lay food on for those that choose to go, i dont always stay just happy having a pint and discuss the quality of the shooting. LOL 

Really nice way to finish the day off , with the days getting shorter you can easily go for a bite to eat , a nice pint of beer and thaw out if it's been a cold day , when the good byes are said you can still get home at a sensible time .

We know several of the guns and have 11 s together but they go back to the hall or Summer house for lunch and we don't see them anymore once the whistle go after the final drive , at least half the beaters and helpers are over 60 and on Saturday I was the oldest one on the shoot at two weeks short of 76 so having been out in the heavy rain all day I am happy to give the pub a miss , but like I say , it certainly finish a shoot day off nicely .     

P S    Like your dogs by the way , lovely pair of Labs .    MM