Scarpa

Scully

Going on a city tour later this month ( carefully chosen so it doesn’t interfere with shoots of course ! 😀) and as my old ones have given up the ghost, so thought I’d treat mesen. 
If anyone is looking for a really comfortable pair of walking or off piste  as it were, walking boots, I highly recommend these. 
image.jpeg.057a233ee93968dd090c68d51b1309d2.jpeg

If you go through any posts asking for best boots for shooting i have always recommended Scarpa, im on my 4th pair in nearly 40 years, they have always delivered comfort, wear and price and of course longevity. 

They look like there going to be comfortable. 

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

If you go through any posts asking for best boots for shooting i have always recommended Scarpa, im on my 4th pair in nearly 40 years, they have always delivered comfort, wear and price and of course longevity. 

They look like there going to be comfortable. 

They are very comfortable indeed. The last pair lasted me for a good seven years, and went all over Europe. It was the soles which perished, the uppers were a long way off being finished. 
I just wish they did a high leg version. 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

I hope they fair better than the ones I had . Worst boots I've ever owned .Will never buy scarpa again .and I get through a pair of walking boots (for work ) at least 1 per year  often a bit quicker .the scarpa 's were done within 3 months and that was summer .

That’s a shame. Must say I can’t fault them. 

I dont think all scarpa's are built the same .the ones I had were vegan (only realised after I got them home ).

I think this contributed to their lack of quality and durability. The model has been discontinued  it didn't last long either  .

But for me the reputation  damage was done . I'm sticking to what I know from now on  -  walking boots  - salomon 

And work boots  northridge  with vibram soles . 

Couple of ‘newbies’ on BIG shoot today, both from ‘up Ont tops’.

The conversation in the beaters trailer got round to good boots and I was pleasantly surprised to learn one of them was wearing Scarpa boots, the exact same model as I bought yesterday and have owned in the past. He said they were in their third season up on the moors,  and that their only fault was the lack of calf height. He was on his third pair and said he daren’t swap brands in case they didn’t live up to the Scarpa. 
As an aside, they both found todays beating ‘a doddle’ compared to the moors. 
He then brought up Harkila on J. Norris’ site and found all size 9’s, 10’s and 11’s I think, are sold out. 
Saw one of the stuffers at lunchtime was wearing a pair, and he said he couldn’t fault them. 
Then someone else mentioned Altbergs from the shop in Richmond, at which point another beater said he’d be happy to get ANY, as he takes a size 14! 😳

I have scarpa boots and for me they are just not upto working. They are about a year old and the vibration soles are through. Whilst comfy from day 1 they won't keep out water. I have oiled, waxed and heat coated the leather to no avail. The most comfortable but worst performing boots. I am in Yorkshire and this week walked around 70 miles and 2000m of climb on the moors. Every day my feet are soaked. It maybe the particular boots I have as the reputation is good. 

Edited by oowee