Foreign Muck?

London Best

Ce soir nous mangeons un canard sauvage a l’orange. 
Sorry, my French may be more than a little rusty sixty years on from ‘O’ level! 
Sorry, no pictures, and, NO, I didn’t cook it. Once it is on the deck (or water) and the dog has it to hand my duties end with plucking and dressing. Absolutely no cooking for me, ever! 

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

Thread heading reminds me of a comment my brother made recently when I offered to cook him a curry - "Not eating that that foreign muck - I'm ordering a Chinese "

Reminds me of my late father in law. His daughter and I had a Chinese takeaway one night and he returned when we were in mid meal. He stormed out of the house with the same comment about foreign muck. Refused to return until meal completed and all wrappers in the bin in the yard. He was a traditional and very good butcher but unless it was traditional meat and two veg and he wouldn’t eat it.

4 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Reminds me of my late father in law. His daughter and I had a Chinese takeaway one night and he returned when we were in mid meal. He stormed out of the house with the same comment about foreign muck. Refused to return until meal completed and all wrappers in the bin in the yard. He was a traditional and very good butcher but unless it was traditional meat and two veg and he wouldn’t eat it.

He didn't know what he was missing.

Foreign Muck. Reminds of the late 60’s when playing in local rock groups. The only eateries open late at night after a gig were the curry houses. The drummer used to say he wasn’t eating that foreign curry muck, order steak and chips then smother it in HP sauce. Same effect.

13 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

He didn't know what he was missing.

How true, my brother only eats classic english foods unless they venture out and buy a chinese. His normal cuisine is Liver and Onions, Bacon Clanger, casserole and dumplings or, more often, Burgers at roadside cafes (he's a HGV Driver), there is a world of flavour out there but he refuses to even try it.