Tracy Brabin nearly does a Dianne Abbott

TIGHTCHOKE

The Labour Mayor of West Yorkshire is appearing on BBC2's Politics Today and was struggling with her figures post the Autumn Statement from the Chancellor.

When these people are placed in the public eye, surely someone should brief them so that at least appear to understand what they are saying? 

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Capitalisation

7 hours ago, old man said:

I'm constantly amazed at the level of competence expected from MP's?

No qualifications needed except the backing of similar competents?

This one was an actress she will fit in fine after a bit more coaching and rehearsal? 😀😃🤔🤔

What gets me is the no experience required.

You can be Armed Forces minister then Environment Minister then Health minister followed by Chancellor.

What hope can we have 🤷🏻‍♂️

:shaun:

I am always reminded that Ronald Reagan (Governor of California then President for two terms) was an actor, and not a great intellectual, but was widely acknowledged as a successful President.

He did this by sticking at what he was good at - delivering speeches, being a figurehead, charming others and showing great strength and courage after an attempted assassination - in other words, 'leading'.   And that came about because he knew his own limitations and surrounded himself with competent advisers and deputies.

His party (the Republicans) then had a good efficient party machine and well thought through plans - and Reagan was the man chosen to 'sell' that to the American people and (to a lesser extent) the world.