A couple of outings.

JDog

On Saturday I was at the rape field before day break. I didn't expect much as only forty birds were using the field. The first shot was at 8:20 and the last at 9:00. I picked ten pigeons. 

This afternoon I headed for my favourite roosting wood. It was actually quite dangerous as the wind was 45mph plus. Trees had been brought down earlier today.

In the dim and distant past I took OJW to this wood. He confessed to having seen nothing like it and shot his best bird ever.

Without beating a wing these pigeons could move several metres sideways or up and down. My usual approach to birds as difficult as these is to close my eyes and hope for the best. 

That method worked on twelve beauties.

Edited by JDog

Cracking weather for a spot of roost shooting today wasn’t it, a little too windy if anything. I finished up from work early and had an hour on a flightline before it got dark and picked 20 exactly. As you say each bird was well earned ducking and diving in that wind! 
Haven’t got any taking an interest in rape yet, more’s the pity.