Looks like the public is waking up πŸ™„

owain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, owain said:

We know the result of the vote, public opinion is now that it was the wrong move. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise.Β 
It has also been said that other countries will follow our lead, that is yet to happen. And judging by the link above, there is very little public appetite in other countries to do so. Again unless you can provide some information to the contrary.Β 
I can almost imagine members of this forum sitting at their computers with their fingers in their ears shouting β€œLA LA LA” πŸ˜‚

Public opinion taken from polls is not that accurate, go to a town that voted mainly to remain and you will get a poll skewered to the answer you want if you support remain.
The fact is that any side of the argument is highly unlikely to publish results that are counter to their desired outcome, so you take lots of polls until one that you like pops up, then you publish.

But to keep on that the country made a mistake and realise it, is the same old argument rolled out by those who did not get what they wanted in the referendum and now years down the line still cannot accept that things did not go their way.

1 hour ago, old man said:

No real argument over not contributing to their shortfalls, we don't seem to need that as we have our own downward spiral anyway?

Actually our economy has grown. Not as quickly as we would like but we are doing better than the EU as a whole and France and Germany in particular

That's not surprising when more than 80% of the population of the EU is financially inert. They pay nothing into the "pot", they produce no goods and create no wealth.

In May 2004 Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Malta, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Estonia, Czechia, and Cyprus were allowed to join the EUΒ  Romania followed in Jan 2007.

Nobody can explain why. They were mostly bankrupt ex communist block countries. All massively failed to reach the financialΒ  requirements for membership and most had very dodgy governments riddled with nepotism and corruption.

since they joined they have drained the EU dry of money and subsidies.

That is why we needed to get out

Edited by Vince Green

2 pages of reply’sΒ 

No conflicting data. I have to conclude that there is none, and that any argument boils down to β€œwe won you lost”. Never mind everybody makes mistakes, we will put it right for you next time around. You are welcome πŸ‘

Just now, owain said:

2 pages of reply’sΒ 

No conflicting data. I have to conclude that there is none, and that any argument boils down to β€œwe won you lost”. Never mind everybody makes mistakes, we will put it right for you next time around. You are welcome πŸ‘

:lol:

42 minutes ago, owain said:

2 pages of reply’sΒ 

You put something up that is a poll of 2000 people. How is that the country saying it was wrong. Begs belief.Β 

As I said about, the last 4 years have been NOTHING to do with Brexit, unless COVID was a bi-product of votingΒ 

5 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

You put something up that is a poll of 2000 people. How is that the country saying it was wrong. Begs belief.Β 

As I said about, the last 4 years have been NOTHING to do with Brexit, unless COVID was a bi-product of votingΒ 

You are sitting at your computer, or on your phone now. If I am so wrong, everybody is loving brexit and all that goes with it. Please find something, anything to back it up!Β 
Β 

If Cameron had done the job right and did along with the Civil Servants and implemented leave as he was mandated to do we would be free of all the rules red tape and be free to trade openly without interferance from BrussellsΒ  and OWAIN we voted to join a Common Market but when the goalposts changed we had no vote to accept the change and the Brexit vote was the first vote any Government since the 70,s had given us as they all thought we were brainless knuckle draggers and did not know what the EU was all aboutΒ  Β  How many times did Ireland vote until they "voted the right way to join the EU" Are you happy to have leaders who no one has voted for telling you how to run your life? WE HAVE NEVER VOTED FOR A EUROPEAN PRESIDENT BUT WE HAVE NOT 1 BUT 2 ALONGΒ  WITH ALL THE OTHER EUROCRATS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ELECTED AND THE POPULACE OF EUROPE CANNOT GET RID OF THEM JUST LIKE IN A COMMUNIST STATE IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? look around what do we make ?Β  All our cars/vans are french italian or german white goods german this all cameabout in the ,80,s when no traing for work was done here and the Commom Market loved it they could veto our exports to France sheep lorries being burnt on the docks and French police standing watching? read your history books what this country had and lost since joining the club and who benifitted from it not us

10 minutes ago, owain said:

You are sitting at your computer, or on your phone now. If I am so wrong, everybody is loving brexit and all that goes with it. Please find something, anything to back it up!Β 
Β 

Tell me who will stage that referendum you want? labour and the tories won't go there, they both know the reality is that it might go wrong for them again, and they both know it's a vote loser.

But it is strange that even after all these yrears you cannot accept the vote that was democratically taken and which the majority of those that voted said they wanted to leave.Β 
There will be no return, but you carry on crying those remainer tears, it brings a smile.

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

Tell me who will stage that referendum you want? labour and the tories won't go there, they both know the reality is that it might go wrong for them again, and they both know it's a vote loser.

But it is strange that even after all these yrears you cannot accept the vote that was democratically taken and which the majority of those that voted said they wanted to leave.Β 
There will be no return, but you carry on crying those remainer tears, it brings a smile.

I think it is you who cannot accept that brexit has been a failure. And as you have not got any logical way of proving otherwise you have to result to childish remarks. I have posted links to back up what I am saying, something you seem reluctant to do, I wonder why?Β 

13 minutes ago, armsid said:

If Cameron had done the job right and did along with the Civil Servants and implemented leave as he was mandated to do we would be free of all the rules red tape and be free to trade openly without interferance from BrussellsΒ  and OWAIN we voted to join a Common Market but when the goalposts changed we had no vote to accept the change and the Brexit vote was the first vote any Government since the 70,s had given us as they all thought we were brainless knuckle draggers and did not know what the EU was all aboutΒ  Β  How many times did Ireland vote until they "voted the right way to join the EU" Are you happy to have leaders who no one has voted for telling you how to run your life? WE HAVE NEVER VOTED FOR A EUROPEAN PRESIDENT BUT WE HAVE NOT 1 BUT 2 ALONGΒ  WITH ALL THE OTHER EUROCRATS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ELECTED AND THE POPULACE OF EUROPE CANNOT GET RID OF THEM JUST LIKE IN A COMMUNIST STATE IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? look around what do we make ?Β  All our cars/vans are french italian or german white goods german this all cameabout in the ,80,s when no traing for work was done here and the Commom Market loved it they could veto our exports to France sheep lorries being burnt on the docks and French police standing watching? read your history books what this country had and lost since joining the club and who benifitted from it not us

That is all well and good. However the original point of this thread was that the general public are dissatisfied with how brexit is panning out. And despite 2 pages of text, snide remarks and typical brexiteer drivel, NOBODY has been able to prove otherwise. Is anybody actually going to post a coherent counter argument?Β 

28 minutes ago, owain said:

Β 

Okay, I have not personally seen any impact on my life.. that help?

11 minutes ago, owain said:

I think it is you who cannot accept that brexit has been a failure. And as you have not got any logical way of proving otherwise you have to result to childish remarks. I have posted links to back up what I am saying, something you seem reluctant to do, I wonder why?Β 

Lol good luck getting labour or the tories to commit political suicide by going back in, they know which side their bread is buttered on.

Oh and in the last 2 years i have had 3 good pay rises, and the company i work for has grown nicely and will continue to grow, brexit has not affected my work.

Β 

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Lol good luck getting labour or the tories to commit political suicide by going back in, they know which side their bread is buttered on.

Oh and in the last 2 years i have had 3 good pay rises, and the company i work for has grown nicely and will continue to grow, brexit has not affected my work.

Β 

Β 

7 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Okay, I have not personally seen any impact on my life.. that help?

Priceless, β€œ you can’t say 2000 people are representative”.Β 
Next breath β€œ well I’m alright Jack”.

Typical IQ of the average brexit voter πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

21 minutes ago, owain said:

You have posted nothing of the sort, a poll of a few thousand people versus a referendum of approximately 28 million. All the polling done before predicted a solid remain result.

Don't worry, put your fingers back in your ears LA LA LA

6 minutes ago, owain said:

Β 

To brand over half the uk as having low IQ is pretty stupid tbh

Just now, owain said:

Β 

And here it comes, strange on all the sites that i talk about brexit, the remainer usually resorts to the average IQ slur, and while i wasn't one for university i have a pretty good IQ and ran my own company for 15 years earning very good money, my son on the other hand has two degrees, he is not in the remain camp, my other son works on complex systems in the military that would blow your mind, he isn't on your team, my wife ran her own company and then went on to run another, she's not your fan.
If all you can say is "Typical IQ of the average brexit voter" then you have well and truly lost the argument.

Respond how you want, i won't be answering you.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You have posted nothing of the sort, a poll of a few thousand people versus a referendum of approximately 28 million. All the polling done before predicted a solid remain result.

Don't worry, put your fingers back in your ears LA LA LA

To brand over half the uk as having low IQ is pretty stupid tbh

Half of the the Uk who bothered to vote, but thanks for proving my point πŸ˜‚

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

And here it comes, strange on all the sites that i talk about brexit, the remainer usually resorts to the average IQ slur, and while i wasn't one for university i have a pretty good IQ and ran my own company for 15 years earning very good money, my son on the other hand has two degrees, he is not in the remain camp, my other son works on complex systems in the military that would blow your mind, he isn't on your team, my wife ran her own company and then went on to run another, she's not your fan.
If all you can say is "Typical IQ of the average brexit voter" then you have well and truly lost the argument.

Respond how you want, i won't be answering you.

Think I hit quite a nerve there. Obviously it’s ok for you to talk big, but don’t like it coming back.Β 

17 minutes ago, owain said:

Β 

Oh so now you offer up offence and question my iq, Jog on lad..

36 minutes ago, owain said:

It hasn't been a failure, the Govt and Civil Service have failed to deliver it in any shape or form.

12 minutes ago, owain said:

Half of the the Uk who bothered to vote, but thanks for proving my point πŸ˜‚

Think I hit quite a nerve there. Obviously it’s ok for you to talk big, but don’t like it coming back.Β 

While I disagree with anyone who thinks remaining in the EU is a good idea, (outside of any personal benifit), I don't call them stupid or imply they have low IQ, particularly when you consider the vast range of different people on both sides of the debate, to believe that makes you very naive at best.

3 minutes ago, owain said:

Not my fault if you regard yourself as average.Β 

You don't know me yet decided that I'm low in iq, you're pretty pathetic in that respect. Pointless thread which hopefully mods will close.

Edited by ShootingEgg

Just now, ShootingEgg said:

You don't know me yet decided that I'm low in iq, you're pretty pathetic in that respect. Pointless thread which hopefully mods will close.

I didn’t say you had low IQ, you lumped yourself in with a general statement. But you have now directly called me pathetic? Name calling is bad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚