Looks like the public is waking up 🙄

owain

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waking up to the fact that our politicians did not want Brexit the civil servants did not want Brexit so who was going to implement it properly? We have been gaining steady trade with out EU help if we could get away from them completely it could be very good.If heaven forbid Labour win and they take us back in we will lose the Pound and prices will rise even more; Look at when Holland prices doubled overnight This is the real wakeup call

2,000 people from 45,000,000+ registered voters is obviously entirely representative.

Also what was the criteria for choosing who to ask?

🤔🙄

We had a vote. That's democracy in action, like it or not. Even Labour have dropped the chance after a 2nd vote.

Put it aside and get on with life.

Waking up to the fact we've been ignored again. They gave us a vote but they wanted us to vote to remain, trying to bend the public to stay and then attempted to prevent delivery of brexit at every opportunity once leave won.

I've certainly woken up and am voting for a party (reform) that might at least deliver on its promises to its voters and will turn away from the EU and exploit the benefits of leaving, instead of trying to remain by stealth.

Edited by 12gauge82

I think we are so much better off out of the EU 

The EU is sliding slowly off the edge of a financial cliff and its lucky for us that we are not tied to them or we would go too. More and more countries are talking openly about wanting to leave.

We really are better off out than having to contribute towards their financial shortfall

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

The EU is sliding slowly off the edge of a financial cliff and its lucky for us that we are not tied to them or we would go too. More and more countries are talking openly about wanting to leave.

We really are better off out than having to contribute towards their financial shortfall

Absolutely agreed, maybe Owain will wake up in the future.

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

No real argument over not contributing to their shortfalls, we don't seem to need that as we have our own downward spiral anyway?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

We know how accurate these polls are. The same as the predictions for a decisive remain vote before the EU referendum.

Care to provide a counter poll showing otherwise? 
Or anything to back up your points?? 

Edited by owain

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

How about the referendum result, or trumps presidental victory, despite the polls showing the opposite.

We know the result of the vote, public opinion is now that it was the wrong move. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise. 
It has also been said that other countries will follow our lead, that is yet to happen. And judging by the link above, there is very little public appetite in other countries to do so. Again unless you can provide some information to the contrary. 
I can almost imagine members of this forum sitting at their computers with their fingers in their ears shouting “LA LA LA” 😂

8 minutes ago, owain said:

We know the result of the vote, public opinion is now that it was the wrong move. Unless you can demonstrate otherwise. 
It has also been said that other countries will follow our lead, that is yet to happen. And judging by the link above, there is very little public appetite in other countries to do so. Again unless you can provide some information to the contrary. 
I can almost imagine members of this forum sitting at their computers with their fingers in their ears shouting “LA LA LA” 😂

So your going to ignore some of the largest votes in recent history and claim that it was just people who made the wrong choice. I think that's not only wrong, but a very ignorant statement. I think it's you with your fingers in their ears shouting LA LA LA 😂

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So your going to ignore some of the largest votes in recent history and claim that it was just people who made the wrong choice. I think that's not only wrong, but a very ignorant statement. I think it's you with your fingers in their ears shouting LA LA LA 😂

I’m not disputing the result of the vote. But the majority of people now feel it was the wrong move. And get your own witty one liners 😂😂

Oh goodie another leaving was wrong post, completely ignoring the fact that they put blockers in the way to allow a smooth transition, the fact we went through a global pandemic then a global economic crisis. All the above Clearly all the UK's fault for voting leave.

The sooner people get over it and start working to make it a good result the better 

2000 people asked, yes that must make it the majority of the country. Christ on a motorbike, get back in you box already.

3 minutes ago, owain said:

I’m not disputing the result of the vote. But the majority of people now feel it was the wrong move. And get your own witty one liners 😂😂

3 minutes ago, owain said:

Because the guardian told you so, where's your referendum, there's only one opinion that's had one, but you can carry on reading the guardian with your fingers in your ears shouting LA LA LA 😂

Because the guardian told you so, where's your referendum, there's only one opinion that's had one, but you can carry on reading the guardian with your fingers in your ears shouting LA LA LA 😂

Well you’re wrong again, because we had a referendum to join. So we are currently one for one, I think best of 3 would best in this situation. I don’t read the guardian either, just using a source to prove a point. Something you seem unwilling, or (more likely) able to do. (LA LA LA) 😅

Just now, owain said:

Well you’re wrong again, because we had a referendum to join. So we are currently one for one, I think best of 3 would best in this situation. I don’t read the guardian either, just using a source to prove a point. Something you seem unwilling, or (more likely) able to do. (LA LA LA) 😅

Is that the best you've got, a referendum from decades ago, which by the way was to join a common market and nothing to do with the EUs institutions they evolved into, which has since been superceded by one of the largest votes in history.

Have you thought of getting some help for getting over brexit?

Is that the best you've got, a referendum from decades ago, which by the way was to join a common market and nothing to do with the EUs institutions they evolved into, which has since been superceded by one of the largest votes in history.

Have you thought of getting some help for getting over brexit?

So that was a vote to join then. Thank you for confirming that for me.