Shotgun / Firearm licence price rise (?)

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t mind paying for a service, but currently many authorities are failing to provide what could be termed a service. 

This is what BASC have said. 'Studies have shown that over the past 25 years, only 10 of the 43 authorities have provided an acceptable service, with the remainder taking up to a year to complete the licensing process, with 4 forces taking two years or more'.

Just had my Renewal Due letter (due 15/04/2024). Avon and Somerset. Fees quoted currently are

Firearm only £62

Shotgun only £49

Coterminous £65

Hopefully the GP Report will not be a pain or too expensive 🤞

5 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Just had my Renewal Due letter (due 15/04/2024). Avon and Somerset. Fees quoted currently are

Firearm only £62

Shotgun only £49

Coterminous £65

Hopefully the GP Report will not be a pain or too expensive 🤞

Let me know how you get on. As mines due sept and from what I've heard they're slow as thick slurry at the moment!! 

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

This is what BASC have said. 'Studies have shown that over the past 25 years, only 10 of the 43 authorities have provided an acceptable service, with the remainder taking up to a year to complete the licensing process, with 4 forces taking two years or more'.

It’s just specific confirmation of what everyone knows really.
We all know it’s a rubbish ‘service’; what’s being done about it would be more helpful to know. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

It’s just specific confirmation of what everyone knows really.
We all know it’s a rubbish ‘service’; what’s being done about it would be more helpful to know. 

Currently nothing, they are not a big enough team of people to make it quicker, with all the red tape each force seem to add on to applications and variations etc

19 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

i have just paid £70 total for renewal for f.a.c. sgc  air weapon certificate it  was £90 5 years ago

Same plus £50 for doctors letter, less than my pals pay for a Saturday watching the football and going to the pub