Generator recommendations

Hi chaps 

got to do some building work involving the cement mixer (electric bell type) that works fine and always starts 😊along with assorted power tools that will inevitably need charging and a 240 chopsaw 

however where were working there’s no power 

so recommend me a generator please think suitable for a building site 

many thanks 

of 

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

How many kw do you think I should go for 3? Or more 

As Andy H said bigger the better

6 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Honda as well also look  at the largest motor you are going to run ie chop saw 1800w  and get a bigger size genny 2500w or 3000w.

6 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Whatever model you get, do yourself and your lads a favour and earth the thing.  Generators have no reference to earth and that lug provided on the frame isn't there to look pretty.

Thanks for the advice it’s taken onboard 😊👍

I would always say honda for a generator but now I would probably say one of the solar battery generators may be more useful. The bigger ones will easily run a mixer all day without any solar and you can use them in the van and all sorts of places or at home for power cuts.

39 minutes ago, bigroomboy said:

I would always say honda for a generator but now I would probably say one of the solar battery generators may be more useful. The bigger ones will easily run a mixer all day without any solar and you can use them in the van and all sorts of places or at home for power cuts.

Many thanks I’ll check them out 😊👍

any particular recommendations 🤔

There are lots of them but ecoflow is the big player or I have had good luck with Anker electronics so far. You need to think about over all capacity eg can it run what you want all day and also it's peak output. A mixer probably only needs 300-500w but to run big circular saws and power tools you probably need a peak output over 1800w

On 04/01/2024 at 22:16, bigroomboy said:

There are lots of them but ecoflow is the big player or I have had good luck with Anker electronics so far. You need to think about over all capacity eg can it run what you want all day and also it's peak output. A mixer probably only needs 300-500w but to run big circular saws and power tools you probably need a peak output over 1800w

Many thanks for the information 😊👍

17 minutes ago, Stan79 said:

I’ve got a Honda EU20i. 

Small, portable, can run chop saw, mixer, radio, dewalt charger, etc, etc. Small and powerful. Much easier than a full sized generator based on your needs. 

Many thanks for your reply I shall check it out 😊👍