Copper coated bismuth

£10 a kilo more than normal stuff though .It would be useful if they had a picture to see how uniform it is .I have just found a picture online of copper coated bismuth and it was still very mis shaped .

Edited by holloway

20 minutes ago, holloway said:

£10 a kilo more than normal stuff though .It would be useful if they had a picture to see how uniform it is .I have just found a picture online of copper coated bismuth and it was still very mis shaped .

Seen good reports on American forums, maybe won't break up as much

It does fragment a little ,the early stuff was a lot worse (i think they added more Tin later) , i have never doubted the efficiency of the standard Bismuth or wondered how it could kill better ,but to be fair less fragmentation could be an improvement.

7 hours ago, Smudger687 said:

For over 60 quid a kilo I'd be inclined to pay the bit extra and buy TSS. Mad price for bismuth shot. 

I suppose with Bismuth it can be used safely in any gun including Damascus also no need for plastic wads.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

I can’t comment on the copper coated stuff but used bismuth in my muzzle loader this week on ducks and it was lethal when I did my bit. Would be no issue in Damascus barrels as far as I can see.

Cheers Dave, didnt know you had a muzzle loader, would be very interesting to see some pics of your collection

On 13/01/2024 at 00:12, Smudger687 said:

For over 60 quid a kilo I'd be inclined to pay the bit extra and buy TSS. Mad price for bismuth shot. 

I don’t believe it’s that mad if you’re looking to keep a historic fowling piece going like an 8 or 4 bore.