A fowlers perch

edenman

As said above,,,, wonderful image and setting 😀 I don't partake in your past time, but the closest I've got to that would be standing thigh deep in the middle of the river Severn attempting to catch some barbel,,,, just rod, landing net and bait smock,,,, a great feeling 😁

Lovely photo's , it's a good job you know the height of your local tides as it seem a very little room for era , we have on a neap about six foot of water spread over a six hour period , this can change by the minute , wind direction can be the main problem and a strong North / Easterly wind can stop one tide going out and the next one just pile up on the one that can't get out , only once up our boat shed where we kept our gun punts I couldn't get our boats out , apart from having a job getting in the front door with water half way up the door , on the back doors the water was above the doors so if you did manage to get in then unless you took part of the roof off then you couldn't get the boats out , just a bit furture up the coast at Hembsy they keep demolishing house's that are now dropping into the sea due to cliff erosion , this climate change is certainly having some kind of impact .    Keep safe .

On 14/01/2024 at 12:19, JKD said:

As said above,,,, wonderful image and setting 😀 I don't partake in your past time, but the closest I've got to that would be standing thigh deep in the middle of the river Severn attempting to catch some barbel,,,, just rod, landing net and bait smock,,,, a great feeling 😁

Isn't it just. Can included the Trent, Wye, Severn, Lea and Kennet for my 'stood in' moments.

On 14/01/2024 at 12:35, marsh man said:

Lovely photo's , it's a good job you know the height of your local tides as it seem a very little room for era , we have on a neap about six foot of water spread over a six hour period , this can change by the minute , wind direction can be the main problem and a strong North / Easterly wind can stop one tide going out and the next one just pile up on the one that can't get out , only once up our boat shed where we kept our gun punts I couldn't get our boats out , apart from having a job getting in the front door with water half way up the door , on the back doors the water was above the doors so if you did manage to get in then unless you took part of the roof off then you couldn't get the boats out , just a bit furture up the coast at Hembsy they keep demolishing house's that are now dropping into the sea due to cliff erosion , this climate change is certainly having some kind of impact .    Keep safe .

No, that's just the land still settling after the last ice age.