HDMI to Audio.

Westley

Help please guys  !   Due to my being almost completely deaf, the local Council kindly supply and fit a 'loop system' to my television.  This device plugged into the audio (red and white) sockets on the rear of the set. It allowed me to hear the TV through my hearing aids, even with the TV volume off. We have now had to change the TV for a new one. The Council guy came out to refit the loop. Because there are no longer any audio sockets on the new T V's, he has fitted a microphone under the front of the set. Problem being, the microphone picks up EVERYTHING, as well as the set. I have seen on the Internet, an HDMI to Audio adaptor. If I got one of these and reconnected the audio through the HDMI socket, would it work  ?

11 hours ago, Westley said:

Help please guys  !   Due to my being almost completely deaf, the local Council kindly supply and fit a 'loop system' to my television.  This device plugged into the audio (red and white) sockets on the rear of the set. It allowed me to hear the TV through my hearing aids, even with the TV volume off. We have now had to change the TV for a new one. The Council guy came out to refit the loop. Because there are no longer any audio sockets on the new T V's, he has fitted a microphone under the front of the set. Problem being, the microphone picks up EVERYTHING, as well as the set. I have seen on the Internet, an HDMI to Audio adaptor. If I got one of these and reconnected the audio through the HDMI socket, would it work  ?

I will have a conversation with a few audio visual suppliers today that I deal with to see what they suggest, the hdmi to audio in theory should do the job. But then it's only theory 

11 hours ago, Westley said:

Hi can you supply details of make and model number of new tv ?

Agriv8

3 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Hi can you supply details of make and model number of new tv ?

Agriv8

Hi, Thank you for your help.

The TV is a Sony Bravia  KD-43X8xL.

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Thank you, that is the thing I had seen. I wondered if anybody could confirm that it would work with my existing equipment. 

23 minutes ago, Westley said:

Thank you, that is the thing I had seen. I wondered if anybody could confirm that it would work with my existing equipment. 

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure, it only converts 1 way. From the description it does sounds like it would be the right way ie from HDMI to RCA. It has to be worth a punt, you could aways return it if it doesn't do what you require, just try not to damage the packaging.

Edit - this doesn't come with the PSU for the device, but any USB 5v phone charger will do, as long as it is a normal (big) USB, not the C type

Edit 2 - your TV will probably have a USB capable of powering the device, just check the wattage is sufficient..

Edited by Newbie to this