David and Jay's mobile workshop

10 minutes ago, daveboy said:

Is this David and Jays touring toolshed ? that's the nearest I can find.

That's it.

I got the title wrong.

Some of the scripted witticisms fall a bit flat, but made up for by the content.

Edited by amateur
Typo

I record this type of programme to watch at my convenience. Watched the first episode and,,,,, IMO it's a bit flat [needs a tad more humour] and the narration is extremely flat and definitely needs more humour injected 🙄🙈😂

Hopefully, as it's a new concept [sort of] with a new partnership, it'll improve as it progresses 👍

hello, if it is the same commentator as that man on the programme where they salvage from council refuse tips he is total boring, that Jay must be raking the £££££ssssss in as he is on TV more times than the weather, maybe the next BBC millionaire 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

28 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, if it is the same commentator as that man on the programme where they salvage from council refuse tips he is total boring, that Jay must be raking the £££££ssssss in as he is on TV more times than the weather, maybe the next BBC millionaire 🤔

It's a female narrator, Sian Gibson,,,, don't know her background.

Are you saying that Jay Blades doesn't deserve everything heading his way ? You do know his backstory don't you ?!

24 minutes ago, JKD said:

It's a female narrator, Sian Gibson,,,, don't know her background.

Are you saying that Jay Blades doesn't deserve everything heading his way ? You do know his backstory don't you ?!

hello, never heard of that lady, no , there was a TV programme about him but i never watched, some of the items brought in on that other programmed filmed in West Sussex have been really interesting to know the history , as it happens i use to make all sorts of things in my early years , fixer upper extraordinaire they called me at work, i am always amused when the say the word expert 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, never heard of that lady, no , there was a TV programme about him but i never watched, some of the items brought in on that other programmed filmed in West Sussex have been really interesting to know the history , as it happens i use to make all sorts of things in my early years , fixer upper extraordinaire they called me at work, i am always amused when the say the word expert 🤔

Try and look up that programme about him,,,, it's an eye opener, and proves that he's a credit to broadcasting, DIY, making/fixing things and lots of other accolades 👍

Just had a quick watch, it's better than 99% of what on TV these days but it's still hampered by the impression everything on TV these days has to cater to the lowest common denominator, so there is no real depth to it. For people interested in real detail, YouTube is so far ahead. I don't know why anybody bothers with broadcast television any more. The issue is advertising on YouTube is pushing that in the same direction, I can't imagine it will be long until that's nothing but shallow entertainment as well. In terms of recommendations if you are interested in tinkering and making: Jimmy Diresta, FarmCraft101, Laura Kampf, Tested, Colin Furze are all worth following plus many more.

Edited by bigroomboy
Typos

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is truly awful, two people who should have known better.  

It STINKS

I agree,,,,, they're trying to inject some humour but it's just not working 😬😂

Definitely [at the moment] NOT a good choice for a double act 🥴 Also, the format is just wrong,,,, also, the shed doors are fitted the wrong way round [bracing] 🙈😂