Siva Grand Beach hotel Hurghada Egypt

steve_b_wales

We docked into Hurgada and had an afternoon walk about.   It was a S hole of a place and we were harassed to buy stuff pretty mercilessly.   You'd have to stay in the hotel compound and facilities or be brave and have the skin of a rhino.  Don't know anything about the  hotels there. We went  out on a glass bottom boat trip and the sea was a mass of jelly fish.  Millions of them. No sea swimming there with the sharks.

Having lived and worked in Egypt my advise is:be careful. DO NOT get involved with random people in any way. Keep walking and do not engage. If you are familiar with the phrase “I’ve been gypped” I believe it originated in Egypt. 

9 hours ago, Minky said:

It was a S hole of a place and we were harassed to buy stuff pretty mercilessly.   You'd have to stay in the hotel compound and facilities or be brave and have the skin of a rhino. 

My experience too.  "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." springs to mind...

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

My experience too.  "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy." springs to mind...

15 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Might be a good idea to avoid that region, unless you like firework displays.
Stick to Turkey, you know that well.😊

If you go to Turkey, but well away from the holiday resorts, you will find scum and villainy in abundance.

I am returning to Egypt (Soma Bay Hurghada) twice again this year. It will be our 14th visit to the same hotel.(Palm Royale Resort) We have ventured into Hurghada Marina and were not pestered or bothered by anyone. I asked about the other hotel because we will have friends stayihng there the same time as we will be in our hotel. I agree though, about not getting involved with 'random people'.