Password problem

steve_b_wales

I have just installed a new desktop computer. When I tried to log onto this site, it asked for my password, which I have forgotten, despite trying many variations. I then went onto Pigeon Watch using my laptop (which I'm using to write this) and it automatically entered my password. The problem I have is that I cannot see the password. I tried to reset the original password with another one, but it's asking for the original password first, before I can change it. How do I sort this out????

You can try highlighting copy and paste the password before it logs you in. 

failing that you can go into your internet browser setting and look at passwords and saved passwords. 

same with your phone if you log on there 

12 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I have just installed a new desktop computer. When I tried to log onto this site, it asked for my password, which I have forgotten, despite trying many variations. I then went onto Pigeon Watch using my laptop (which I'm using to write this) and it automatically entered my password. The problem I have is that I cannot see the password. I tried to reset the original password with another one, but it's asking for the original password first, before I can change it. How do I sort this out????

Admin should be able to assist I would think ??

25 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

Admin should be able to assist I would think ??

We don't have access to peoples passwords, maybe Teal does, but we definatly don't.

Steve i use chrome, all my passwords are saved, i clock on the 3 dots in the top right of my screen and from the menu chose password manager, it then asks for my chrome password and then i can see all my saved passwords.

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Which browser are you using? If you go into the settings and the privacy it should have saved passwords, which you can then view. If you currently logon to the browser and sync then you could sign into the browser on the new desktop. That should then sync your passwords.

23 hours ago, ph5172 said:

You can try highlighting copy and paste the password before it logs you in. 

failing that you can go into your internet browser setting and look at passwords and saved passwords. 

same with your phone if you log on there 

I did try but failed. Thanks though.

20 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Which browser are you using? If you go into the settings and the privacy it should have saved passwords, which you can then view. If you currently logon to the browser and sync then you could sign into the browser on the new desktop. That should then sync your passwords.

I'm using  Google Chrome. The problem I have is that I could reset my passaword by providing the email address that I originally provided when I joined in 2007, but I have changed service providers since then, and cannot remember what email address I used at the time. 

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I did try but failed. Thanks though.

I'm using  Google Chrome. The problem I have is that I could reset my passaword by providing the email address that I originally provided when I joined in 2007, but I have changed service providers since then, and cannot remember what email address I used at the time. 

In chrome, settings → password manager. Then it should show you all saved passwords and you can view them in there. 

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

In chrome, settings → password manager. Then it should show you all saved passwords and you can view them in there. 

Thanks. I tried that but for some reason, Chrome isn't accepting my password, even though it's the correct one. I'll leave it this weekend and try again in a few days time.

Mods won’t be able to see your password, but they should be able to change it. Maybe message a mod and ask them to change it to something of your choice. You can feel free to change it again after you’ve logged in on your computer.

16 hours ago, Genghis said:

Mods won’t be able to see your password, but they should be able to change it. Maybe message a mod and ask them to change it to something of your choice. You can feel free to change it again after you’ve logged in on your computer.

Thats my next move in a day or two.

Thanks.