6 nations were up and running!

millrace

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Wales well and truly beaten up by the end. Meaty stuff from the French

I wasn't watching the game properly, very even then France took control in the second half, some great rugby and some big units on the French team.

Next week is going to be very interesting, England could win it 😳 wooden spoon is up for grabs, bring on Saturday 😁😁

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Not too sure about that, can't see Scotland bothering to turn up. Ireland winning means we can't.

Yeah it's going to be a shame if Ireland roll Scotland over, because that will make for a dead rubber for the late kick off. It would have been better to have them all at the same time and make all teams play in the 'What If' camp, so they have to turn up and play. Still, always nice to start with a tussle for a wooden spoon* before the real stuff gets under way!

*It's also nice that England won't be in that position, I feared we might at half time vs Italy!

5 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Not too sure about that, can't see Scotland bothering to turn up. Ireland winning means we can't.

Yeah I see what you mean now, but Scotland have miss fired yet again,  they only perform against England and its not good enough,  I hope they turn up.

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

would have been better to have them all at the same time and make all teams play in the 'What If' camp, so they have to turn up and play. Still, always nice to start with a tussle for a wooden spoon* before the real stuff gets under way!

That would have been great, but the TV companies want the coverage. 

And considering the stick the England team have had, they are still playing France and will want to finish with a win.

The Welsh are looking very ragged 🙈😆

Under 20's Six Nations was won by England, beating France 45 to 31,,,, brilliant result and came from behind to take a win 🥳😀 Didn't even know about that competition until seeing it on the news this morning 🤔

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

The final weekend for the men is here. Just watching the wooden spoon match. Wales look third best of the two right now.

🤣🤣🤣 I really thought Wales would come out firing, especially being at home and it being George North's last game, but they just don't seem up for it.

Italy meanwhile are well up for it.

I'm not expecting much h of a Scottish performance so Ireland should win at a canter, then its France v England in Paris,  where we haven't won in 8 years 😳

England could win it, or finish in 5th 🤣🤣 great day of sport 😁😁

Just now, JKD said:

Under 20's Six Nations was won by England, beating France 45 to 31,,,, brilliant result and came from behind to take a win 🥳😀 Didn't even know about that competition until seeing it on the news this morning 🤔

It's been on the last few years that I know of, games are on Iplayer I think , I watched some of last years, really good standard of games.

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

🤣🤣🤣 I really thought Wales would come out firing, especially being at home and it being George North's last game, but they just don't seem up for it.

Italy meanwhile are well up for it.

I'm not expecting much h of a Scottish performance so Ireland should win at a canter, then its France v England in Paris,  where we haven't won in 8 years 😳

England could win it, or finish in 5th 🤣🤣 great day of sport 😁😁

It's been on the last few years that I know of, games are on Iplayer I think , I watched some of last years, really good standard of games.

It [under 20s] is never 'publicised' anywhere that I watch/look at 🤷 which is a great shame 🙄

3 minutes ago, JKD said:

It [under 20s] is never 'publicised' anywhere that I watch/look at 🤷 which is a great shame 🙄

It's been advertised on BBC, probably something you need to look for really or know about. 

But it should be on BBC 2, ITV4 or C4 for me to give it more coverage 

15 minutes ago, JKD said:

Some great tries in that game

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's been advertised on BBC, probably something you need to look for really or know about. 

But it should be on BBC 2, ITV4 or C4 for me to give it more coverage 

Never seen or heard it mentioned,,,, even on these 6 Nations programmes, which is a must IMO 🤦 Hey ho,,,, I'll be sure to look out for it next time 👍

A correction to my earlier comment,,,, Wales are absolutely awful !!! 🥴🙈😆

Just now, chrisjpainter said:

Some great tries in that game

Thanks, I'll watch it later 👍

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's the same as the women's game, it's out there but very low key. 

It was the same for the women's game, but that is mentioned a lot more nowadays.

Wales,,,, even Jonathan Davies said the Welsh are being very negative,,,, "just like their score" [at the time of posting] I thought 🙈😆 

Edited by JKD

Well that was a dominant performance by the Irish,,,, not in the scoreline, but outplayed the Scots in all aspects of the game !!! Well done on retaining the 6 Nations trophy 🏆 👍👋

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Looks like Scotland have actually turned up, so should be a good match.

They certainly did, I expected a far more one sided game,  I thought Scotland were going to spit the dummy out in the second half but they pushed Ireland all the way.

They've just said Warren Gatland offered his resignation after the game, I'm not surprised as Wales were so bad, but they'll improve.