Chili chicken noodles

ditchman

put fresh and dried chili in this ..fried the chicken off in flour mustard chili pepper salt baking powder...put to one side and added at the last minit after the chili sauce (sweet) had caramalised.....

didnt get as far as the sitting room..ate it at the worktop in the kitchen...........

P1010030cc.jpg

P1010031cc.jpg

P1010029cc.jpg

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

never get tired of stir frys....chicken or prawn...or belly pork

King prawns are my favourite, closely followed by beef [with black bean sauce]. Chilli and garlic are a must 😋

38 minutes ago, old'un said:

Try Sharwoods Kung po sauce with chicken or prawns, thinly slice half a cucumber and add for the last five minutes cooking, we serve ours with McCain oven chips.

kungpo.jpg.b1628f7c4da3bc0c7065a29dcd94f511.jpg

Found some of this in the deepest depths of our larder a few months back, wouldn't normally use sauces from a jar but this was rather good.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Try Sharwoods Kung po sauce with chicken or prawns, thinly slice half a cucumber and add for the last five minutes cooking, we serve ours with McCain oven chips.

kungpo.jpg.b1628f7c4da3bc0c7065a29dcd94f511.jpg

usually make my own sauces but i will give it a go :good:

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

usually make my own sauces but i will give it a go :good:

what I do is cook the chicken in the woke then ad the kung po sauce, then after about five minutes I ad the sliced cucumber, try to slice it about 1.5mm think or thicker if you like it chunky, cook for about 5 minutes, use an adjustable thickness mandolin for sliceing the cucumber, if you have one?

Although it says serves 4 on the jar, I use the whole jar for two of us, we like plenty of sauce.

14 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Looks like a cremated fritter 

Tell yer what Billy , it was a lot bigger than it looked and I brought most of the chips home to feed the birds in the morning , I always ask for it to be well done , can't bear to eat anything half cooked , the pier was packed considering it is early February :lol:

15 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Tell yer what Billy , it was a lot bigger than it looked and I brought most of the chips home to feed the birds in the morning , I always ask for it to be well done , can't bear to eat anything half cooked , the pier was packed considering it is early February 

Out of interest how much did it cost?

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

Out of interest how much did it cost?

Exactly £10 , £7.50 the fish and £2.50 regular chips , although the chips were enough for two and the fish is cooked while you wait , nowadays it's just a treat now and again .:good:

21 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Exactly £10 , £7.50 the fish and £2.50 regular chips , although the chips were enough for two and the fish is cooked while you wait , nowadays it's just a treat now and again .:good:

Reason im asking, before i retired i fished with a cheffie bloke, Galton somebody, he told me he had a restaurant and chip shop, he said it was about £15 for a fish supper, that was about 10 years ago. He also said if i could i would shut the fancy restaurant and buy another chip shop.

43 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Reason im asking, before i retired i fished with a cheffie bloke, Galton somebody, he told me he had a restaurant and chip shop, he said it was about £15 for a fish supper, that was about 10 years ago. He also said if i could i would shut the fancy restaurant and buy another chip shop.

The chap your talking about  ( Galton Blackiston ) own another well to do fish and chip shop in Cromer this is a big one and you can dine inside with a sea view , both of them are busy this time of the year and are packed all day and every day throughout the Summer , he also own Morston Hall near Blakeney which is a Michelin starred hotel . the chap certainly isn't short of a few bob .

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

All the above look mouth watering if you like that sort of thing but this was my afternoon meal today sitting near Cromer Pier .

SAM-9059.jpg

SAM-9069.jpg

i would love fish&chips right now...i know the shop well you got that from.....me and the mrs would often get that and then sit on the prom and scoff it in silence

29 minutes ago, marsh man said:

The chap your talking about  ( Galton Blackiston ) own another well to do fish and chip shop in Cromer this is a big one and you can dine inside with a sea view , both of them are busy this time of the year and are packed all day and every day throughout the Summer , he also own Morston Hall near Blakeney which is a Michelin starred hotel . the chap certainly isn't short of a few bob .

Thats the chappie, Fluxie used to bring him fishing with us. A big lanky guy who didnt look too bright, but then looks are deceiving.

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

i would love fish&chips right now...i know the shop well you got that from.....me and the mrs would often get that and then sit on the prom and scoff it in silence

Morning Simon ... Yes it is one of life's little treats just sitting near the pier and watching the ships and the people passing by , a fair ole breeze yesterday but it was nice and mild without the crowds you get in the Summertime .

9 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Thats the chappie, Fluxie used to bring him fishing with us. A big lanky guy who didnt look too bright, but then looks are deceiving.

I think he have got his head screwed on where pounds , shillings and pence are concerned and by all accounts the locals speak well of him , in the early stages of the pandemic he donated all his food to the locals after the lock downs in the pubs and eating out places .    MM