Pigeon hide seat

This just popped up on Amazon. Sorry cannot do links so poor photos I`m afraid.

Seems to tick the boxes with being light, foldable with backrest and also note it`s got large pads to stop the legs from sinking in soft ground. Certainly cheaper than the one that the OP was thinking about buying. The seat certainly looks well padded and comfortable.

Just noticed that it swivels as well.

Also, I`m sure that the Amazon price could be beaten.

Photo of full dimensions and weight added for anyone interested. Same height as a standard bucket seat.

Just a thought.

OB

IMG_4103.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

Link opened for me ok.

Unfortunately without adjustable legs it's pretty much useless for me.

At 6kg around 13lb plus that's far too heavy with everything else to carry.

Probably ideal for someone young, fit and strong.🤣😂🤣

This is what I now use when walking to my hide. I know it’s not got a backrest but it’s surprising how comfortable it is and easy to carry. Height adjustable etc but not what the OP is after.

DDFE5D57-94C8-43BF-B7BF-B3D45F11F806.jpeg

16 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

This is what I now use when walking to my hide. I know it’s not got a backrest but it’s surprising how comfortable it is and easy to carry. Height adjustable etc but not what the OP is after.

DDFE5D57-94C8-43BF-B7BF-B3D45F11F806.jpeg

My son has one, I have used it, but suffered outrageous backpain afterwards, to the point of not being able to walk.

It's the age old problem of weight versus comfort.

Normally the day after shooting is written off due to pain even on the best of times when everything is carried for me.

16 minutes ago, Mable said:

My son has one, I have used it, but suffered outrageous backpain afterwards, to the point of not being able to walk.

It's the age old problem of weight versus comfort.

Normally the day after shooting is written off due to pain even on the best of times when everything is carried for me.

I must admit that if I can drive to my hide position where weight isn`t a problem, I always take a seat with a backrest as long periods also play my back up.

Unfortunately no-one has been able to answer your original question regarding the lightweight camping type seat that you`ve seen advertised. It does seem a lot of money, but if it`s fit for purpose and prevents backache, then it`s worth it.

OB

Just now, Old Boggy said:

I must admit that if I can drive to my hide position where weight isn`t a problem, I always take a seat with a backrest as long periods also play my back up.

Unfortunately no-one has been able to answer your original question regarding the lightweight camping type seat that you`ve seen advertised. It does seem a lot of money, but if it`s fit for purpose and prevents backache, then it`s worth it.

OB

I used to drive to my hide, unload then go park up. Unfortunately that's not always possible anymore, crops now being planted into the margins, waterlogged ground and so on. 

I still use a Begara seat, it's ok for stability and swivels, just no comfort and causes back pain.

There's nowt to get old for. Only 7 years retired so probably not as old as many, just knackered more.

It has been suggested that I cut down my shooting to less than 4 days a week but that's giving in😁

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

OB

Here yer go Chris , this is mine , very comfortable with a padded back rest and it won't be the first time that my ole eyes have got heavy and started to doze off when a Pigeon decided to wake me up from the one eye I keep open , very light and strong , had this one several years and I think I bought it from a car boot for about four quid , the one I had before that I bought from Go Outdoors the camping shop . I prefer it to tilt forward rather than level so I sometimes put a stick under the back bottom rail and all sorted .     MM

SAM-9628.jpg

SAM-9629.jpg

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Here yer go Chris , this is mine , very comfortable with a padded back rest and it won't be the first time that my ole eyes have got heavy and started to doze off when a Pigeon decided to wake me up from the one eye I keep open , very light and strong , had this one several years and I think I bought it from a car boot for about four quid , the one I had before that I bought from Go Outdoors the camping shop . I prefer it to tilt forward rather than level so I sometimes put a stick under the back bottom rail and all sorted .     MM

SAM-9628.jpg

SAM-9629.jpg

I think they call them directors chairs? I had 2 in the 90s, great chairs and very strong.

On a personal note, I have to be level or the pain is intense but given a choice I'd prefer to recline very slightly. Everybody's so differant, that's what makes us work well in teams.

I've bought one of the costway seats, arriving tomorrow.I'll give you an honest opinion when I've tried it.

I intend to use it for airgunning from a hide and ratting rather than decoying, but  for pigeon shooting if I can drive to the hide, maybe.

I also suffer from a bad back if I stand or sit too long.

On 07/04/2024 at 17:20, marsh man said:

SAM-9628.jpg

SAM-9629.jpg

Exactly what we use, ideal and needs a backrest for me personally

1 hour ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Exactly what we use, ideal and needs a backrest for me personally

There seem to be a lot of Pigeon shooters who suffer from back problems , I find if I ain't fairly comfortable then my ole back start playing up after an hour or so , I even put a small cushion on the seat if I can drive to my set up spot and nowadays my comfort is more important than the bag .

I remember about three years I went on a rape stubble field which had 100s going on , it was blowing a gale so I set up on the lee side of a Fir wood , I was nice and comfortable and sheltered from the strong wind , Pigeons came in before I was back in the hide and I was on for a very good afternoon , a lot of Pigeons were over flying the decoys and coming straight into the wood , lovely as I was getting a lot of nice side shots , trouble is I was twisting my back while my legs were straight in front me , I began feeling my back playing up and then I over done it by dropping one with my second shot , it was like an electric shock went down my back and I knew straightaway  my afternoon came to an abrupt halt , I managed to make it back to my motor and then to drive up my hide , after a while I managed to get all my gear and about 30 dead Pigeons into my motor and made it back home , after a few pain killers I was back to my normal after about three days so now I shoot either dead ahead or no more than a 45 degree angle if I am sitting down what get past without a shot being fired then good luck to that Pigeon  , now if I get around 2 / 3 hours then I am happy and hopefully there will be another day .   MM