Pigeon hide seat

Normally it`s preferable to have the seat so that your knees are below your waist (if that makes sense) so that it`s far easier to stand to take the shot.

However, if you propose to shoot sitting down, then I suppose it could be OK.

Just my take on it but without any knowledge of the actual seat shown.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Normally it`s preferable to have the seat so that your knees are below your waist (if that makes sense) so that it`s far easier to stand to take the shot.

However, if you propose to shoot sitting down, then I suppose it could be OK.

Just my take on it but without any knowledge of the actual seat shown.

OB

I would add that it would require perfectly level ground.

This type/build of seat done normally like uneven ground and end up falling apart, much prefer a solid barrel type seat that doubles as a storage for stuff. 

You see loads of these broken and dumped around sports events, country shows seaside resorts etc

It has adjustable legs for uneven ground and has a warranty.

Just wondered if anyone had used one, as untill I see one at a show or in the field I'd not pay the money. 

I usually use a begara seat but thought I'd try something a little more comfy for when I fall asleep 😴 😆

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I understand, have a look at this page.

https://just1seat.com/

Hello, Thanks TT, it looks well made with lots of adjustments, £125 offer seems fair but will people think it suitable in a pigeon hide, fishing from the river or lake bank, i see people fishing Farmoor like a seat, for those with bad backs the Begara seat is heavy despite it more suitable design in the Hide, i have not been pigeon shooting for months and most like next time might be on the barley, i was looking at a way to carry my gear and combined seat , i came up with a fishing trolly and box seat, this one has a decent back rest and decent wheels and folds down,  The Bison Fishing Trolly and Box or similar design,

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Thanks TT, it looks well made with lots of adjustments, £125 offer seems fair but will people think it suitable in a pigeon hide, fishing from the river or lake bank, i see people fishing Farmoor like a seat, for those with bad backs the Begara seat is heavy despite it more suitable design in the Hide, i have not been pigeon shooting for months and most like next time might be on the barley, i was looking at a way to carry my gear and combined seat , i came up with a fishing trolly and box seat, this one has a decent back rest and decent wheels and folds down,  The Bison Fishing Trolly and Box or similar design,

It's very much like a fishing seat, but much lighter therefore probably less sturdy. I use the begara which is a good stable platform to shootcand stand from, just after a while it becomes uncomfortable. This bright alloy thing is on the right lines yet I wonder how many days it will last.

I've used a fishing trolley, wheelbarrow type in the past, great unless it's soft mud

1 hour ago, Mable said:

It's very much like a fishing seat, but much lighter therefore probably less sturdy. I use the begara which is a good stable platform to shootcand stand from, just after a while it becomes uncomfortable. This bright alloy thing is on the right lines yet I wonder how many days it will last.

I've used a fishing trolley, wheelbarrow type in the past, great unless it's soft mud

Hello, it must have a warranty but i could not see on the Web site, but even at £125 ? , is it made in UK ?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it must have a warranty but i could not see on the Web site, but even at £125 ? , is it made in UK ?

No idea and I'm not sure it's not a Facebook scam which is why I asked if anyone has seen one. They're supposed to be at the next shooting show. I'll see if they turn up and re evaluate then.

On 18/02/2024 at 11:33, Mable said:

Just wondered if anyone had used one, as untill I see one at a show or in the field I'd not pay the money. 

I usually use a begara seat but thought I'd try something a little more comfy for when I fall asleep 😴 😆

Have you tried using either a cushion or the padded revolving top of a drum seat which fits perfectly on a Begara and provides far more comfort. Might be worth a try before spending £125.

Just a thought !

On 19/02/2024 at 16:26, Mable said:

No idea and I'm not sure it's not a Facebook scam which is why I asked if anyone has seen one. They're supposed to be at the next shooting show. I'll see if they turn up and re evaluate then.

Hello, Let us know if you get to look at one, ask on warranty

On 19/02/2024 at 08:54, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I understand, have a look at this page.

https://just1seat.com/

Doubt they would be any good, clumsy, heavy and expensive . 

With the weight on 4 corners on soil (especially wet) you'd never get it secure and comfortable. 

Nothing beats a bucket seat which also has storage. 

8 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Have you tried using either a cushion or the padded revolving top of a drum seat which fits perfectly on a Begara and provides far more comfort. Might be worth a try before spending £125.

Just a thought !

Currently using a round revolving top I bought in a sale, comfier but I was looking for something better.

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Doubt they would be any good, clumsy, heavy and expensive . 

With the weight on 4 corners on soil (especially wet) you'd never get it secure and comfortable. 

Nothing beats a bucket seat which also has storage. 

They're advertised as lightweight and don't look any clumsily than anything else on the market. It has adjustable legs. With any seat in the wet, you need something under the corners. 

Is there anything clumsier or more unstable than a bucket? Each to there own?

The more I look the more I think its a Facebook con because the reviews are too good to have been written by anyone but them.

As is oft quote, if it looks/sounds too good to be true etc..... 

On 18/02/2024 at 11:33, Mable said:

I use a cushion on mine, without one not good.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a small folding seat from Argos £6.40 ,gave it a go this morning perfect! Good height very stable ,people tend to overthink these things ,practicality is what matters and this little seat fits the bill 👍

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Would be next to useless on soft ground , you would be better off sitting on a five gallon oil drum ( now that is showing my age ) , I have got a directors chair for comfort and a fold up fishing stool for lightness in case I have to walk any distance , something I try and avoid at all cost :lol: