forum decline

col s10

I've been on here a little over a year.

I have found some good mates and some cracking shooting with a bunch of likeminded people. I have bought and sold here and found no issues. Bisley was something else, Monday madness has been fantastic and the numerous shoots outside of those have also been top notch.

As has been said, you get out what you put in, couldn't be more true :lol:

I've been on here a little over a year.

I have found some good mates and some cracking shooting with a bunch of likeminded people. I have bought and sold here and found no issues. Bisley was something else, Monday madness has been fantastic and the numerous shoots outside of those have also been top notch.

As has been said, you get out what you put in, couldn't be more true :P

That sums it up! :lol:

I've learnt a vast percentage of what I know about country sports from this site and met some cracking people it is in my opinion the best around!

And yes... Bisley was awesome.

FM :)

To be honest I think this site is excellent.

I tend to spend more time reading posts then replying to them, but there is loads of info available.

I normally got the PC on and always have PW and NOBs up to read, but dont always find as much time as i would like, as im working throughout the day and trying to carryout training with the spaniel before it gets dark at night plus i have the family...just spent the last hour letting off fireworks for the kids..

But this is an excellent site with some very interesting if not funny topics to read

Cheers

:good:

its true these forums are what you make them, when i first started on here i had no idea about rifles other than air powered. hell i didnt even know the difference between a rimfire and centrefire :wub: (thanks john galway ) :good:

and now im on the brink of being granted .17hmr for vermin and .223 for target shooting and also having that moved onto fox aswel after 6 months at a range :lol:

PW is a great forum! I only attempt to follow a couple of forums and i'd put it at the top. There have been times when i've logged on and almost been put off returning due to some posts that have misled me to think that i'm following a dying sport.

Other times there are an abundance of interesting threads on the go and they show what a great community PW has.

I joined about 9 months back and considering the number of new members very few seem to have any input. This is fine as most come to learn (such as i did and still do) but when you consider that a lot of chit chat takes place within sections such as General Banter, it would be nice to hear from some of these newer members occasionally.

maybe one day they could be the next Frank or Markbivvy

Markbivvy :lol::good::wub::good:

Made me day, next you will mention that Hawkeye bloke or even Kirky :lol::lol::lol::lol:

All site's have there ups and downs :good:

I must say Mark has been very helpful, especially when I was starting to learn the basics of rifles. He helped me choose the calibre of gun I needed, and handed out some very good advice about .22 rimfires (I was always under the impression that a .22lr would do well over 100 yards accurately in the field!).

There are plenty of others on the forum who have helped me, but it would take ages to name them all. One chap in particular has taken me out in the field, let me use his rifles and stay at his house after a late night of lamping on his permission. I have a very good mentor to list on my FAC, and without him I'd never know where to start regarding deer rifles and stalking. I doubt I'd even have a SGC without the knowledge I've gained here!

As for kirky, the less said the better :lol:

We are becoming increasing concerned with the positive nature that this thread has taken on :good:

Several members have used the PM system to complain about the constant references to members helping each other out and generally being nice to each other :lol:

Although these incidents may well be true (and in fact only a tiny sample of the good deeds carried out by PW members) references to this may cause offence to our whinging fraternity.

Please also be aware that any references to the hundreds of pounds raised by PW members for charity will also be viewed as an attack on negativity - and will simply not be tollerated.

So can we not derail the negative nature of the this thread any longer with these ridiculous positive inputs and let us get back to bitching and whining as soon as humanly possible?

Thank you :good: