Essex gun masters

On 26/04/2024 at 19:48, retromlc said:

Pretty poor 55 in black 50 on red, it was V cold and tbh I was beginning to feel it, 200 in a day gets a bit much. 

That's something I never understand, do you mean the walking round, the queues or what?

I shoot 250 every time I visit a venue. Last week at EESG I did 250 before lunch 250 after. I don't queue, I move on, can always come back and always use buggy. Only time I shoot less is if it's too windy and cold.

19 minutes ago, Mable said:

That's something I never understand, do you mean the walking round, the queues or what?

I shoot 250 every time I visit a venue. Last week at EESG I did 250 before lunch 250 after. I don't queue, I move on, can always come back and always use buggy. Only time I shoot less is if it's too windy and cold.

Bit of a difference between a lot of practice and 200 registered targets.

1 hour ago, Mable said:

That’s an expensive day out then, but hopefully enjoyable.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Bit of a difference between a lot of practice and 200 registered targets.

That's what I was asking? Is it the stress?

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

That’s an expensive day out then, but hopefully enjoyable.

Yes, not cheap but it's my only vice and I can't take it with me. Might as well enjoy my money while I'm still able.

Imagine sat in a nursing home thinking back "if only"🤔

I find, personally that 200 clays has an effect on me, ability to concentrate, a 9lb gun gets heavier, fatigue, headache, add cold,wind and a 5am start ,yeah, I get tired.

I'd also.dome.a.4 HR enduro on Sunday and clipped a tree so right leg and ball if right shoulder was a little painful.

The event ran pretty slick, no waiting at all as we arrived at a stand, previous group were just finishing.

I definitely enjoyed it 

Edited by retromlc

11 hours ago, retromlc said:

a 9lb gun gets heavier, 

I doubt I could mount and fire more than 1 stand, if that, with a 9lb gun anymore.

Age and arthritis caught up with me, a 6lb gun and 21gram cartridges are what I use.

I swing a 6lb gun like a 20 year old swings a 9lb gun and still I'm slow. Yet when I let others try my gun they claim it's too fast for them😁

Getting out and enjoying it, is what it's all about, scores are lowest on my priorities.

54 minutes ago, retromlc said:

Yeah I'm 58, it's a weird gun but I really like it so no plans to change 

I said that about my ProSport after almost 9lbs in weight. However, age and old injuries have forced me into shooting in 8lbs gun. That 1lb makes a heck of a difference.