FF6 'Combo' flapper

Does anyone own the above flapper, and if so, what's your option on it? I've got a basic flapper which I use for Corvids but would like another one to place elsewhere in the field. It would be used 99% of the time for Corvids as there's not many pigeons about in my area. But I like the idea of a remote/timer etc. It's priced at £190 inc postage, or I could just buy another basic, but good flapper from A1 Decoys, priced at under £90.

FF6 is good as it has a random flap setting on it & you can turn the speed up or down via the remote. Although when it sets off its rather quick and can shake the bird off its mounts before you have time to turn it down. 

There is a pigeon flapper on ebay very similar you can either have it remote controlled or speed controller so set it off at the speed you wish. The packages start from £55

Screenshot_20240507_202931_eBay.jpg

Edited by Stephen-H

I have an ff6 combo, decent piece of kit and nick who owns flightline is very good to deal with, a genuinely innovative guy! Check out his website he’s got a fair few gadgets for pigeon shooting ……he’s about to bring out a new flapper that runs off a small rechargeable integrated battery pack meaning a big reduction in weight as you wont need to carry a battery for it and can probably recharge on the move in the car

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Have you checked out the Night Hawk Flapper Steve ?

Yes, but advised not to bother as they are not good quality. This came from a retailer who was selling them and had many complaints from his customers who bought one. I personally can't speak for them though.

The flapper I have at the moment has an intermittent timer on it. It flaps 14 times and then stops for approx' 6 seconds. It's used on Corvids - mainly Jackdaws, and has proved to be deadly. I can also fit a 'dimmer' designed for 12v lighting and this allows me to slow down the flapping speed. The slight downside is that it draws power off the battery, but I use a 12v 10Amp hr battery which lasts many hours.

10 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Yes, but advised not to bother as they are not good quality. This came from a retailer who was selling them and had many complaints from his customers who bought one. I personally can't speak for them though.

The flapper I have at the moment has an intermittent timer on it. It flaps 14 times and then stops for approx' 6 seconds. It's used on Corvids - mainly Jackdaws, and has proved to be deadly. I can also fit a 'dimmer' designed for 12v lighting and this allows me to slow down the flapping speed. The slight downside is that it draws power off the battery, but I use a 12v 10Amp hr battery which lasts many hours.

Hello, ok, i  expect with these it pays to pay for a decent one that will last

Good choice. 

Some rubbish out there and if they break or pack up its a bin job. 

There spot on must be. 

Had my third buzzard strike sent it back to nick back up and running within the week. 

Proper service. 

IMG_20240422_102438805.jpg

IMG-20240502-WA0001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned, I recently purchased a FF6 Combo flapper. I haven't had chance to test it in the field yet, but today, I tried it in my shed just to see how the remote control worked. I was impressed to say the least, especially as the flapping speed can be slowed down, which is good for me as mine will be mainly used on Corvids. I'm looking forward to using it properly soon.

21 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

As mentioned, I recently purchased a FF6 Combo flapper. I haven't had chance to test it in the field yet, but today, I tried it in my shed just to see how the remote control worked. I was impressed to say the least, especially as the flapping speed can be slowed down, which is good for me as mine will be mainly used on Corvids. I'm looking forward to using it properly soon.

👍 there brillant on crows on the slower speed I think they have never seen anything like it & with them being naturally nosey ******** they can't help themselves