Italiano spaggetto

ive been looking at some recieps for American sticky chicken............i will proberly use thighs...and the reciepe says i need black strap molassis or cane teacle which ive got and i also have molassis brown dem' sugar....i will have it with salt and black pepper fries and cowboy baked beans

i will cook em in the top of the oven ...then rebaste them and broil them...so im on the edge of burning them

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ive been looking at some recieps for American sticky chicken............i will proberly use thighs...and the reciepe says i need black strap molassis or cane teacle which ive got and i also have molassis brown dem' sugar....i will have it with salt and black pepper fries and cowboy baked beans

i will cook em in the top of the oven ...then rebaste them and broil them...so im on the edge of burning them

Along a similar line it might be worth brushing the thighs with Kecap  Manis, Waitrose do it.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Along a similar line it might be worth brushing the thighs with Kecap  Manis, Waitrose do it.

as i trawl my books and the internet...what i steer clear of is recieps that have tooooo many items in it.....what i do is try and find the original reciep.....and usually find it has half the ammont of items in it...............this is usually because some wannabee cook fancies itself for fame and fortune ...and takes a lovely receipe ...adds carp to it and then makes out to everyone he/she/it...invented it............

the sticky reciepe i will be using has 4 ingredients....it comes from some old blooms cook/reciepe book in america........there must be 30/40 reciepes on the same basic reciepe...all of them have far to many ingredients and herbs and spices

i will post the results up next week...

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

as i trawl my books and the internet...what i steer clear of is recieps that have tooooo many items in it.....what i do is try and find the original reciep.....and usually find it has half the ammont of items in it...............this is usually because some wannabee cook fancies itself for fame and fortune ...and takes a lovely receipe ...adds carp to it and then makes out to everyone he/she/it...invented it............

the sticky reciepe i will be using has 4 ingredients....it comes from some old blooms cook/reciepe book in america........there must be 30/40 reciepes on the same basic reciepe...all of them have far to many ingredients and herbs and spices

Kecap Manis would be the only ingredient Ditchie, thought it might taste similar to your sticky chicken idea but far easier.

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

I keep it simple 3 ingredients equal amounts of red ketchup and brown sugar and 2 spoonful's of honey bring to the boil stirring all the time them simmer for 20 minutes to reduce and thicken up  

17 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I keep it simple 3 ingredients equal amounts of red ketchup and brown sugar and 2 spoonful's of honey bring to the boil stirring all the time them simmer for 20 minutes to reduce and thicken up  

there you go some one else who knows what he is doing..............i will be using ...mollasis...molassis brown sugar...a squeezed orange...cidre vinegar