Should police land checks be scrapped?

Just now, oowee said:

And the good reason would be? 

you've already supplied the "good reason to possess" or you wouldn't have the gun in the first place.

maybe there's deer nibbling your cabbages🤔

2 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

People with shotguns can already do this.

But they don't.

Care to explain why?

no, not really as you clearly just don't get it👍

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

well what would you suggest 🤔

beating them into our way of thinking🙄

you'll never alter their opinion so it's best not give 'em any extra fuel to chuck on their fire.

"I'm sorry you hate what I do. If I kowtow and tiptoe around you will you please just let me carry on? No? I'll do it anyway..."

This is how you sound. 

If you open up access to firearms, you'll never get the anti gunners involved, but you'll get a lot of normal people involved. And with numbers, comes bargaining power. 

3 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

It's you that doesn't get it. There's nothing stopping people with shotguns shooting in their own gardens, and they don't. No bleeding land inspection made a blind bit of difference.

10 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

"I'm sorry you hate what I do. If I kowtow and tiptoe around you will you please just let me carry on? No? I'll do it anyway..."

This is how you sound. 

If you open up access to firearms, you'll never get the anti gunners involved, but you'll get a lot of normal people involved. And with numbers, comes bargaining power. 

It's you that doesn't get it. There's nothing stopping people with shotguns shooting in their own gardens, and they don't. No bleeding land inspection made a blind bit of difference.

never mind son, you'll get your open ticket soon then you can make your own choices and not have them foisted on you by some obvious clown who know nothing.

me,i don't really care as,within reason,i can already make my own decisions and have been doing with no issues for decades.

BTW i've leathered about 20 urban foxes,in gardens,from bedroom windows/on top of garage rooves etc over the years with the hummer or the LR.

never a CF.

i wonder why that is?

oh yes,because it wasn't required to do the job.

choices see, that's what experience and an open ticket gives you.

coming to a letterbox near you soon👍

46 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

you've already supplied the "good reason to possess" or you wouldn't have the gun in the first place.

maybe there's deer nibbling your cabbages🤔

So you would have a rifle for your good reason. If you then decide to bang away in your back garden for no reason then you loose your ticket. Land checks won't stop a numpty. 

24 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

never mind son, you'll get your open ticket soon then you can make your own choices and not have them foisted on you by some obvious clown who know nothing.

me,i don't really care as,within reason,i can already make my own decisions and have been doing with no issues for decades.

BTW i've leathered about 20 urban foxes,in gardens,from bedroom windows/on top of garage rooves etc over the years with the hummer or the LR.

never a CF.

i wonder why that is?

If you're struggling for responses to the points I raised, just say nothing.

1 hour ago, Smudger687 said:

If you open up access to firearms, you'll never get the anti gunners involved, but you'll get a lot of normal people involved.

If you open up access to firearms, you’ll get a lot of idiots involved!

37 minutes ago, London Best said:

If you open up access to firearms, you’ll get a lot of idiots involved!

And if you don't, you get progressively less bargaining power. 

Most people are not filled with murderous intent, giving them a gun is not going to suddenly turn them into Mr Hyde.

Stop catering to the anti-gunners, they will NEVER be satisfied until every gun is taken from everyone. 

Unfortunately it is clear than many shooters are actually quite happy being a member of what they perceive to be some privileged class - and even happier to stop others entering that class. 

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" - sums up the UK shooting community in a sentence. What a pathetic state of affairs. 

There is an argument towards getting more people involved in shooting. Most people aren’t actually ‘anti’ but they would probably vote against gun ownership if it ever came to it just because it’s not something that they’re interested in, and most of the news they read concerning guns comes from the MSM reporting on every shooting incident in the U.S. . ‘Converting’ a lot of these people by taking them out shooting, and explaining why we own guns is always beneficial to our cause.

I think the biggest obstacle we have is the red tape. I’ve been asked by numerous people how to obtain a shotgun certificate, and they always are deterred when I explain all the hurdles that they have to jump through. Some people might argue that this proves that they aren’t serious about it, but I don’t see why getting into shooting shouldn’t be accessible for decent people. By all means exclude those with a criminal record or questionable mental health, but there’s no reason to go beyond that.

Currently, just under 600,000 people own a firearm in Britain. I think this figure could quite easily be doubled if some the red tape around getting into shooting was cut away - most importantly the long waiting times for new grants and for the GP’s letter. Double the voices for our cause would be a tremendous achievement, and may very well ensure the future of shooting - especially with Labour about to take power. I believe that we can do this without compromising safety.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

So you would have a rifle for your good reason. If you then decide to bang away in your back garden for no reason then you loose your ticket. Land checks won't stop a numpty. 

depends on the size of the garden and the wording on your piece of paper matey😉

4 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

never a CF.

i wonder why that is?

Wow! I wish I was as good as you...

I do understand your point of view, although I don't necessarily agree with you, however you're coming across as a bit of an ****'s.

2 hours ago, Smudger687 said:

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" - sums up the UK shooting community in a sentence. What a pathetic state of affairs. 

Divide and conquer, that's how we'll all and up losing our guns.

10 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Wow! I wish I was as good as you...

I do understand your point of view, although I don't necessarily agree with you, however you're coming across as a bit of an ****'s.

Divide and conquer, that's how we'll all and up losing our guns.

when you get as balled off as me you end up just taking the pi$$ (which has flown way over the heads of some on here) as they're obviously not cognisant to the possible consequences of what some are advocating.🙄

4 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

when you get as balled off as me you end up just taking the pi$$ (which has flown way over the heads of some on here) as they're obviously not cognisant to the possible consequences of what some are advocating.🙄

You are Jack's complete lack of self-awareness

2 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

depends on the size of the garden and the wording on your piece of paper matey😉

Exactly son. The land check made no difference, the shooter makes the decision once they have good reason to own. 

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Exactly son. The land check made no difference, the shooter makes the decision once they have good reason to own. 

see, that's where you're wrong again and as usual.

it makes no difference at all if you have "good reason to own",all that means is that you have permission to use that firearm on land that is deemed suitable by the chief constable UNLESS  it's worded,like mine😉😉

image.jpg.1bc4d9a23277b32be47dea3c608c1437.jpg

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

29 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

see, that's where you're wrong again and as usual.

it makes no difference at all if you have "good reason to own",all that means is that you have permission to use that firearm on land that is deemed suitable by the chief constable UNLESS  it's worded,like mine😉😉

image.jpg.1bc4d9a23277b32be47dea3c608c1437.jpg

What are you on about? You seem to have gone off at a tangent. 

The land review makes no difference to anything other than its a pita in the process. Getting rid of the requirement that has no rational, would be better for all. You have said yourself it's safe to shoot on a postage stamp if you have adequate conditions. It's down to the shooter once they have reason to own.

Do you have any point to make? 

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i think Land Checks are a good idea with FAC and hope they continue with this part of the application

Why, we are talking about approvals and sign offs?. What is the purpose of them? How does the process benefit safety? 

16 hours ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

Yes, I get it, you think new FAC holders can't be trusted to make decisions on where it's safe to shoot.

If you're in possession of a firearm and can't make that decision yourself then you shouldn't be shooting.

If you think doing away with land checks will cause problems, then once again, are you in favour of compulsory training?

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why, we are talking about approvals and sign offs?. What is the purpose of them? How does the process benefit safety? 

Hello, There is a big difference with FAC Air and a  Full Bore rifle, I gave up my FAC this time, only a CZ 455 22, but it was not getting used so i gifted to a young man i have known many many years

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

29 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, There is a big difference with FAC Air and a  Full Bore rifle, I gave up my FAC this time, only a CZ 455 22, but it was not getting used so i gifted to a young man i have known many many years

What does that have to do with land checks?