Water And Sewage Charges ?

marsh man

18 minutes ago, JKD said:

It's all down to the boss. He's after a claim or payment from TW, plus of course a rebate for his water bill. TBH, the workmanship that I exposed is appalling !!!

Bearing in kind I carry out insurance repairs etc daily, so have seen this as part of claims that I get sent to. This is quite tame actually, but the boss is after ££££'s 🙄😂

Has he claimed off TWA before ??

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Has he claimed off TWA before ??

No. But they were arguing with him about this, saying it was fixed and not leaking any more. Anyway, I'm sitting behind the office now, in my van which has broken down [clutch gone 😫] and a TW guy has just inspected this. I'll try to have a word with him if I can.

Just spoke with the Thames Water guys and they are definitely going to fix it today, and backfill the hole and reinstate the paving. I'll inspect this later and report to the boss,,,, who has flown abroad somewhere this morning 🙄

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Let us know how goes ??

They took the connector off, which was joined onto 15mm copper feed up to the nearby stopcock, and inside said connector/sleeve, the copper had a hole in it 🤔 I only saw a picture of this on the guys phone. So,,,,, who's problem ? I'm saying TW, ad the hole was inside the joint, so must have been there prior to the previous 'fix' 🤓 Anyway, let's hope that that's my final input,,,, despite the internal concrete floor sagging slightly in that area 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, JKD said:

They took the connector off, which was joined onto 15mm copper feed up to the nearby stopcock, and inside said connector/sleeve, the copper had a hole in it 🤔 I only saw a picture of this on the guys phone. So,,,,, who's problem ? I'm saying TW, ad the hole was inside the joint, so must have been there prior to the previous 'fix' 🤓 Anyway, let's hope that that's my final input,,,, despite the internal concrete floor sagging slightly in that area 🤦‍♂️

Gordon Bennett!

28 minutes ago, JKD said:

@marsh man Any progress with this ? Have your neighbours come back yet and assisted in any way ?

ps. Sorry to sort of hijack your thread,,,, but at least it's 'on topic' 🙋‍♂️😁

Good afternoon JKD , My next door neighbour should be home tonight or tomorrow morning , I did buy a new torch but the top of the meter glass have got one or two cracks in it and it didn't look as if it had been read for a while , I asked my two elderly neighbours about there bills and as expected mine was more than half my crescent put together , 

I just measured it and from the top to the meter glass is around 22 inches and it might be easier to read it in the dark with a good torch light shining on it as today it is very bright , mind you that might be an excuse for my poor eyesight .

As you can see there are some very small numbers to read .     MM

SAM-1057.jpg

19 minutes ago, JKD said:

Thanks for replying. Definitely doesn't look easy to read ! Also, I don't recall you saying when that meter was fitted,  cos it looks very old.

Fingers crossed this gets sorted soon 🙏

The meter was already in situ when we moved here just over seven years ago so I would imagine it could had been fitted when the bungalow was built .

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel?

Hopefully T C , Is this how you get tunnel vision trying to read very small numbers at a distance :hmm:

Just now, marsh man said:

The meter was already in situ when we moved here just over seven years ago so I would imagine it could had been fitted when the bungalow was built .

Hopefully T C , Is this how you get tunnel vision trying to read very small numbers at a distance 

Quite possibly.    :lol:

1 hour ago, old man said:

Ours seems the same, 3 feet down in the pavement. I wonder which clown won the award for that idea? No doubt a bean counter?

Strangely enough my meter box is on my neighbours side right beside his one , he came home last night and checked the figures on both his and mine , his one was raised about 5 / 6 inches above the water pipe which made it a lot easier to read as he done what T C advised by taking a photo on his smart phone and then enlarging it , mine was a lot harder as the glass on the meter was badly cracked and you could only just make out parts of the number , on my bill it stated it was a actual reading on the 20th August , when I looked earlier on the week it was covered in dust and cobwebs which had been there a lot longer than just over two weeks , mind you the arrow was going around when everything was turned off in my house so I have got a leak of some sorts , now waiting until the inspector turn up in two weeks time .     :good:

52 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Strangely enough my meter box is on my neighbours side right beside his one , he came home last night and checked the figures on both his and mine , his one was raised about 5 / 6 inches above the water pipe which made it a lot easier to read as he done what T C advised by taking a photo on his smart phone and then enlarging it , mine was a lot harder as the glass on the meter was badly cracked and you could only just make out parts of the number , on my bill it stated it was a actual reading on the 20th August , when I looked earlier on the week it was covered in dust and cobwebs which had been there a lot longer than just over two weeks , mind you the arrow was going around when everything was turned off in my house so I have got a leak of some sorts , now waiting until the inspector turn up in two weeks time .     :good:

Good luck.

Short the way they react so quickly for such leaks?

Good for the shareholders bonuses no doubt?

I don't think my phone will go down the pavement hole anyway?

3 hours ago, old man said:

Ours seems the same, 3 feet down in the pavement. I wonder which clown won the award for that idea? No doubt a bean counter?

Hello, That is deep !!!!!!, I have to say the meters i fitted were those not like today, If the service pipe was deep like yours I would have brought the meter up and fitted a bigger chamber

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 minutes ago, JKD said:

What's needed is an inspection endoscope camera/device. Available in many forms and compatible with mobile devices. Probably what the 'meter readers' use ?

Hello, I think meter readers have some tech gadget that reads the meter with out having to check numbers, I have a gadget with a screen and a long bendy tube and camera at the end that would do a meter reading ???, 

43 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I think meter readers have some tech gadget that reads the meter with out having to check numbers, I have a gadget with a screen and a long bendy tube and camera at the end that would do a meter reading ???, 

That's the item,,,, Inspection Endoscope Camera. Individual types or plug into your mobile device types.

New water meters have Wi-Fi [?] abilities, whereas old water meters don't, so have to be visually inspected. And don't forget, the old 18" [450mm] depth is now 24" [600mm].

1 hour ago, JKD said:

That's the item,,,, Inspection Endoscope Camera. Individual types or plug into your mobile device types.

New water meters have Wi-Fi [?] abilities, whereas old water meters don't, so have to be visually inspected. And don't forget, the old 18" [450mm] depth is now 24" [600mm].

Hello, In our depot there was a Inspector who carried a measure stick, not like by all the builders !!!!!, he would not sign off unless it was the correct depth, Well like by TWA Management so got to be the Depot Manager, my time finished after an Accident 😒

7 hours ago, JKD said:

thats the ticket :good:...they usually have a second job at the local hostpital ...looking up peoples bottoms..........

If you have a Medical condition that means you have to use more water for whatever purpose (weak bladder/kidney issues etc) you can approach your water company and normally get a fairly considerable discount, they put aside millions of £'s for such cases and few people claim them. I have a a weak bladder and renal issues that means I use the loo 2-3 times during the night and more often than most people during the day - mentioned it to my supplier and my bill dropped from £53 to £21/month no matter how much water we use. You normally do not have to prove your condition.

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

If you have a Medical condition that means you have to use more water for whatever purpose (weak bladder/kidney issues etc) you can approach your water company and normally get a fairly considerable discount, they put aside millions of £'s for such cases and few people claim them. I have a a weak bladder and renal issues that means I use the loo 2-3 times during the night and more often than most people during the day - mentioned it to my supplier and my bill dropped from £53 to £21/month no matter how much water we use. You normally do not have to prove your condition.

Blimey that is useful information.   :good:

21 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

i tried that old chesnut......and they told me to wee into the sink