Dangerous Guns?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, enfieldspares said:

Yes. I had my initials put on mine. A wise precaution I advise. As it's all too easy otherwise for someone to innocently "confuse" your Brady bag for own cheap foreign made "knock off" and accidentally take yours home with them. LOL!

Would you like one? 
straps on the buckle are a tad worn on both but reparable 

Just now, Old farrier said:

Would you like one? 
straps on the buckle are a tad worn on both but reparable 

I have three already. The days of needing such are long gone for me. I only now use the smallest one and that stays on the transport and I decant from it to a nylon modern cartridge belt (which I hang from the peg when shooting) and pockets before each drive.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Really handy where you can’t get at it!

As I'm not a lover of shooting tame ducks, I tend to limit my shooting at them.  I therefore put 6 cartridges into the 'hand warmer' pocket of my shooting coat or gilet, before the start of the drive. They are then easily accessible, but still separated from my other cartridges. 

Edited by Westley

52 minutes ago, Westley said:

As I'm not a lover of shooting tame ducks, I tend to limit my shooting at them.  I therefore put 6 cartridges into the 'hand warmer' pocket of my shooting coat or gilet, before the start of the drive. They are then easily accessible, but still separated from my other cartridges. 

I couldn’t agree more about shooting reared duck. I just won’t do it myself. 
I try not to go on any shoot which has any reared duck at all, and if I unknowingly attend such a shoot I find I can’t see them when they fly past me.