SPEEDING

ME

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been to court for speeding (stop me if I have told you all this before...) took a Brief and the Companies Financial Director.

Said I would loose my job without a car blah blah blah . .

I got a 3 month ban and a nice "well you should have thought about that at time" from the magistrate.

Sometimes you just have take your medicine.

As painful as it was and a constant reminder I got caught for 100.1 on the M23 Jan last year. The Police Officer kindly informed that anything over 30mph above the limit in my case 100 is instantly dealt with by a magistrate.

Fortunately, I chose to plead guilty and wrote a letter (something I am particularly good at) of situation and circumstance. I was awarded a fine £300 and 5 points.

I considered this to being as close to being let off as possible.

The NSL is 60 mph on single carriageway and 70mph on dual(or more) carriageway, unless posted differently.

yep and he was on a dual carriageway :good:

Turn up and look as presentable as possible give it a bit of blah blah and hope the head magistrate isn't menstruating :yes:

I had one of our drivers get off totting up up to 15 points the next three did for her but they tend to give you a chance if they think you're a decent human being

The "advantage" of a short ban, is that you don't get any points. :lol:

signed Cranfield (who can see a silver lining in the darkest cloud :good::yes: )

Ah but no. That first "totting up" ban is like the final warning before the really nasty stuff kicks in. Treat it as your first life of two.

Do you know what happens if you get a ban thereafter?

"On Tuesday 2nd October I was out visiting clients in Hertfordshire.

I decided to come back to the office down the A120 (dual carriageway) from the M11.

The A120 is a lovely new stretch of road, straight and totally empty apart from a few old duffers in Nissan Micras.

I am in the fast lane, I have got the cruise control stuck at 75 MPH and all is good in the world. Suddenly one of the old duffers in a Micra indicates and pulls out straight away (without using his rear view mirror) causing me to brake hard and let him continue with his manoevre.

As soon as the road in front is clear I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH, just then I look up and there are two coppers on top of a bridge pointing a laser gun thing at me - "Oh golly" I said !!

Anyways, just to share with you, I got the letter through today and I was clocked at 92 MPH - DOH !!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't get holier than thou as everyone has broken the speed limit at some time. You broke the law and will pay. However phrases like " I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH" suggest you have little self control and no regard for any law and would have difficulty retaining an SGC, if your FEO was aware of your thoughts.

I won't get holier than thou as everyone has broken the speed limit at some time. You broke the law and will pay. However phrases like " I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH" suggest you have little self control and no regard for any law and would have difficulty retaining an SGC, if your FEO was aware of your thoughts.

just exacly when did you sprout those wings and halo gordon - geez man lighten up

On Tuesday 2nd October I was out visiting clients in Hertfordshire.

I decided to come back to the office down the A120 (dual carriageway) from the M11.

The A120 is a lovely new stretch of road, straight and totally empty apart from a few old duffers in Nissan Micras.

I am in the fast lane, I have got the cruise control stuck at 75 MPH and all is good in the world. Suddenly one of the old duffers in a Micra indicates and pulls out straight away (without using his rear view mirror) causing me to brake hard and let him continue with his manoevre.

As soon as the road in front is clear I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH, just then I look up and there are two coppers on top of a bridge pointing a laser gun thing at me - "Oh golly" I said !! :lol:

Anyways, just to share with you, I got the letter through today and I was clocked at 92 MPH - DOH !! :lol:

Court date on 18th December - nice !!! :good: Happy Christmas !

OK so when I posted earlier I was at work and my missus just told me that she had the letter at home.

I am now at home and it WAS a 70 MPH zone. I WAS doing 92 MPH. The form has the option to fess up and let them get on with it in my absence. So no visit to court - PHEW ! :lol::lol:

One interesting thing is that they are asking me to fill in a means test. I have no problem with this as I have just started a new company and on paper I earn the minimum wage ! ;) What does it matter what anyone earns though ? Why should someone who works hard and earns a lot of money pay more than someone on the dole for the same "crime" ?

Thanks for all your replies. Gordon R, I would like to borrow some of your relaxation CD's sometime - do tell me what is like to be so saintly :yes: If you came shooting with me you will know that no-one has anything to fear - I couldnt hit a cows **** with a banjo !!! :lol:

Please let me know where to send my bill to. You will recognise that a significant amount of work has already been carried out and a provisional booking made in my diary for your Court appearance and cancellation fees will apply.

OK,OK, - You'll get a tea AND a burger next time I see you at shooting !

"On Tuesday 2nd October I was out visiting clients in Hertfordshire.

As soon as the road in front is clear I slam my foot down on the gas in a rage and I am doing around 100 MPH, just then I look up and there are two coppers on top of a bridge pointing a laser gun thing at me - "Oh golly" I said !!

Anyways, just to share with you, I got the letter through today and I was clocked at 92 MPH - DOH !!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you should of done is matched the micra's speed alongside and then pushed it into the hard shoulder and finally off the road, just like they do in the the 'sweeney' or 'police camera action'. That way you would have expelled your rage but also avoided any possible court action as you would not have been speeding when you reached old bill on the flyover.

Correct?:good:??

It speaks for itself. Got copped for speeding - take it on the chin - don't blame someone in a Micra.

I wasn't blaming anyone. I admit it fair and square IT WAS MY FAULT.

I wasn't trying to justify it, I was just giving the background behind the terrible crime I committed ! :good:

I have one and have had one for ages - the "Talex" system.

The problem is that the two times I have been done for speeding, both were from mobile camera vans.

If you set the Talex, Road Angel or other camera detection systems to "notify of hot spot" i.e. areas where permission has been passed for a mobile camera van to set up shop for business, then the ******* thing is bleeping all the ******* time. Every blinkin road has the possibility of a camera van being cleared to speed trap there.

The net result was it bleeped to tell me to stick to the speed limit all the time.

Hell, I got married for that kind of nagging.

One interesting thing is that they are asking me to fill in a means test. I have no problem with this as I have just started a new company and on paper I earn the minimum wage ! :good: What does it matter what anyone earns though ? Why should someone who works hard and earns a lot of money pay more than someone on the dole for the same "crime" ?

No one raising to the bait on this one then ?