Paranoid

Guest The Outlaw

Guest The Outlaw

I am realativley new to this site though you cant tell by the amount of posts I have put on but, there have been a large

amount of new people that have come and gone really quickly, banned fedup or something else ?

I read nearly every post and see patterns of spelling errors and puctuation lapses, I aint no snob but they all seem consistant,

or near as dam it, with troublesome youngsters and anti's we have had on here recently.

It is great we are attracting so many new members and I dont want to scare any off but it would be good if we can all

encourage newbies to fill in thier profiles and post on the newbie thread first.

Then we get an idea who we are talking to.

I have been a bit frosty with some and dont mean to be so, I appologise to any that may feel I have been a bit mean to them.

Am I getting a tadd para or has anyone else noticed this?

Tony

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of new members joining has stayed constant, only a couple of people have been banned and there have been no "antis" posting.

A lot of new members register, say hello and then sit back and read, only posting when they feel they have a real contribution to make.

Just because they are not posting every five minutes, doesn't mean they have instantly become fed-up.

We get our fair share of inexperienced youngsters, which is good and quite a few members that are not great spellers and we even post a link to a good spellchecker about every three months.

So, in conclusion, things are about normal.

EDIT NOTE: I noticed you have changed a lot of your original post by editing it, making some of my reply redundant.

Edited by Cranfield

Guest The Outlaw
The amount of new members joining has stayed constant, only a couple of people have been banned and there have been no "antis" posting.

A lot of new members register, say hello and then sit back and read, only posting when they feel they have a real contribution to make.

Just because they are not posting every five minutes, doesn't mean they have instantly become fed-up.

We get our fair share of inexperienced youngsters, which is good and quite a few members that are not great spellers and we even post a link to a good spellchecker about every three months.

Thats ok then.

I didnt want to single anyone out and would never deliberately hound someone that is fresh to these sorts of

things.

All is good then

Tony

theres been a few younguns on here who have

spoke in what i call text talk or broken text and dont seem to last

long a couple have been banned recently which everyone nos who they

are probably chavs by the sound of it. but you will have to excuse me

sometimes tony as i didnt learn to read and write until later on in life

and do struggle a bit and i suppose theres other folk on here who struggle

who probably struggle aswell :blush:

paddy

paddy

Yeap I only known that consistent was spelt wrong cause I looked it up.

I know a way of stopping chavs entering this forum have a 50pence joining fee

paddy

Yeap I only known that consistent was spelt wrong cause I looked it up.

I know a way of stopping chavs entering this forum have a 50pence joining fee

the ******** would probably nick it off someone else though :blush:

paddy.

Guest The Outlaw

paddy

I have no problems with people that dont spell well, I am dyslexic even though my spelling is okish.

I just thought there was a pattern forming of some wallies keep coming back with new I D's

Everyone else is well known now to me and are cool.

Tony

:blush:

Guest The Outlaw
Am I cool, sweetie? Eley used to make a Paranoid shell in the 1930's... oops, sorry, 'Pegamoid'!

FC

You were too quick for my reply! I had to editttttt....... 'Pegamoid'. You're too young to remember! (I'd been teaching a year when you were born, if that's your birthday!)

O1 August when West Ham Won the World Cup 1966.

You ok being up this late surely its coa coa time, I can hear Mr Crannfield stirring his :blush: :blush:

Tony

Guest The Outlaw
Am I cool, sweetie? Eley used to make a Paranoid shell in the 1930's... oops, sorry, 'Pegamoid'!

FC

You were too quick for my reply! I had to editttttt....... 'Pegamoid'. You're too young to remember! (I'd been teaching a year when you were born, if that's your birthday!) I'm old, Tony.

You certainly know your stuff about guns and repairs/alterations.

I would love one day to have the knowlege you have and be able to talk about the really technical stuff, fair play to you sir,

your life hasnt been wasted.

Tony

Guest The Outlaw

DIT NOTE: I noticed you have changed a lot of your original post by editing it, making some of my reply redundant.

I note what you said Mr Cranfield about Anti's posting, but do you know they dont read these forums?

I also think that a lot of your comments and those of other moderators are not unbiased and are sometimes loaded with

hidden swipes at people.

We can all read and make our own minds up about who is what on here and to be honest I would say that there are some

moderators that dont deserve the respect of that the title moderator should get.

Lets all be men about it, if people dont like someone for what they say or hint at then say so.

They shouldnt sit there pontificating and getting on peoples back when they are no better than anyone else.

There are but a few good moderators on here and in my opinion at least two are not in that league.

Thoose two know who they are just like the people they snipe at know who they are.

They should all stop the bitching and just get on with it.

Tony

DIT NOTE: I noticed you have changed a lot of your original post by editing it, making some of my reply redundant.

I note what you said Mr Cranfield about Anti's posting, but do you know they dont read these forums?

He means active posters at this moment in time, we used to have great fun with them, especially in the bar !

I also think that a lot of your comments and those of other moderators are not unbiased and are sometimes loaded with

hidden swipes at people.

Don`t have a swipe come out and name names and more importantly instances.

We can all read and make our own minds up about who is what on here and to be honest I would say that there are some

moderators that dont deserve the respect of that the title moderator should get.

Lets all be men about it, if people dont like someone for what they say or hint at then say so.

I would think that the PM system was the correct place for that unless you want to start making factions and causing unnecessary stress and driving away others.

They shouldnt sit there pontificating and getting on peoples back when they are no better than anyone else.

Again name names and more importantly instances.

There are but a few good moderators on here and in my opinion at least two are not in that league.

As above

Thoose two know who they are just like the people they snipe at know who they are.

And again, no more swipes, name names and instances.

They should all stop the bitching and just get on with it.

Tony

;)

Dusty Fox - spelling , grammar - please don't lecture anyone.

Gordon R - dont lecture me ***** ;)

Oh I dunno, there's some irony in Lord Lecturer of Lecture Land, from the World Lecture, in the Galaxy Lecturer (you), being given a lecture.

On a final point, I note that you have chosen to use a swear word which starts with B and which is 5 letters long.

I am struggling to come up with a fitting swear word. Is this another spelling mistake :lol: :yp:

EDIT:

The best I could come up with is:

* Botty

* Bugga

* Bitch

Neither of which appear to have much of an impact or be that "sweary".

I shall continue my research and revert shortly.

Dusty Fox - spelling , grammar - please don't lecture anyone.

Gordon R - dont lecture me ***** ;)

Oh I dunno, there's some irony in Lord Lecturer of Lecture Land, from the World Lecture, in the Galaxy Lecturer (you), being given a lecture.

On a final point, I note that you have chosen to use a swear word which starts with B and which is 5 letters long.

I am struggling to come up with a fitting swear word. Is this another spelling mistake :lol: :yp:

EDIT:

The best I could come up with is:

* Botty

* Bugga

* Bitch

Neither of which appear to have much of an impact or be that "sweary".

I shall continue my research and revert shortly.

My guess is that he is suggesting Gordon R displays the characteristics of a female dog, but could be wrong...

ZB

Guest The Outlaw
I am struggling very hard to find a point to the thread or the contents.

Tony, have you been out with Berettaman1 today and was it an early start?

Very early start, Maybe its me but I seem to read a lot into some of the things that these people write.

So as it is a discussion forum I thought I would discuss.

Seems pm is the way forward for us but not them.

Tony

I spell wrong but my spelling is much better than it was when I was at school, but I do shruggle with putting paragraphs in the right way. so take a dig at me for it if you want caus I dont care what you think of my spelling and grammer as long as you and other people can understand it and help me in the future of my sport/hobby.

Thankyou

Dustyfox