Petition

lurcherboy

Only 9000 sig's so far so please sign and pass it on to friends etc.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/OlympicShooting/

LB

looks to be against building a platform to shoot in the UK !!

why object?:good:?:lol:?

it needs to be a possative thing to encourage the government, to re-istate shooting sports & pistol events in the Uk...NOT stop them...

maybe i read it wrong, tell me diffrent......thanks

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to ensure there is a Lasting Legacy for Shooting Sports in the UK by moving the venue away from the Woolwich Barracks.

Over £18 million (at the 2006 bid price) will be spent on building the 2012 Olympic shooting sports venue at Woolwich Barracks and then after the Olympics it will be pulled down again. This is not only a total waste of money and an immoral use of resources but more importantly it does not leave any lasting legacy for shooting sports in this country. Every year the Great Britain shooting teams bring home medals from competing in ISSF and FITASC disciplines world wide. Surely it deserves a lasting legacy?

Done :good:

LB

why object?:good:?:lol:?

it needs to be a possative thing to encourage the government, to re-istate shooting sports & pistol events in the Uk...NOT stop them...

You are half wrong.

The petition is against a temporary facility being built and suggests the money should be spent on building a permanent facility.

LB

why object?:good:?:D?

You are half wrong.

The petition is against a temporary facility being built and suggests the money should be spent on building a permanent facility.

I've been away from the forum for a while so forgive me if somebody has already raised what I feel is a pertinent point largely overlooked: Why were we allowed to "bid" for the 2012 Olympics when it is illegal in this country to hold some of the events?

You can bet your king nad that this will be a fiasco of epic proportions, the millenium tent clock up a mere taster for the overall disaster that hosting the Olympics will bring down upon us!

The guestimate of cost was a real eye opener: started at £3 BILLION then within a month had gone up to £9 BILLION! This is our money being frittered away by a bunch of morons who couldn't run a chimps tea party and have repeatedly demonstrated complete financial ineptitude. Anybody in the private sector who had made such a monumental error in estimates would have the skids under them and never work again, in government circles it would seem the norm.

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread, just wanted to ask if anybody else knew how "we" could bid to provide something which included illegal activities?

Shall we run a book on what the eventual overall cost will be (if we ever really get to know) ? I'll put down 20 billion.

Off to walk the river for a duck or two then flighting geese this evening.

Rooster

Yes it is terrible that all this money could be spent on putting the shooting venue up and then pulling it all down again leaving nothing for shooting sports.

The 2006 bid price was £18 million, it is now at £26 Million and the estimated ''Delivered price'' is thought to be £40 million for just for the shooting alone.

We need to either get the venue moved to Bisley or create a new shooting complex which will last as a legacy after the 2012 games.

Woolwich cannot properly achieve the CPSA 300 mtr safety zone for shot fall out. The police have also said it is not safe.

However the powers that be have moved one of the range positions back to achieve the safety distance required, the only problem now is that it has to be built on a road which will be closed for the duration (which happens to be a route to a hospital), houses on either side, where the shot will fall in the street, are to be evacuated for the duration.

What ''joined up thinking'' we have.

So Please Please sign the petition to help our negotiators get a lasting legacy for shooting, from all this money spent.

Game shooters clay shoot, clay shooters game shoot, pigeon shooters I always thought are up for anything.............we could be a very big voice to the Olympic committee...................please help!!!