CLAY COACHING

barrowboy

Ok I keep reading how good some of you lads are, so how would you like to share your talent . I'm sure there are many more like me, who have not been doing it very long or simply unable to get better . So how many of you good guys would be willing to spend a day with us not so good guys . What I would like to know is how many others like me would like a little coaching and how many of you guys would be willing to give your time . If all the guys who need some coaching were to put say £10 /20 in a pot to split between the lads doing the coaching , I'm sure everyone would be happy . I think this could be interesting , Will see what response it gets and see if it's worth giving it a try :good:

I'd be happy to offer some coaching, as I used to run my own clay shoot a few years back and have introduced many newbies to the sport.

All you've got to do is to find a suitable ground and arrange for everything to be laid on.

A professional coach would charge the going rate for his services, he has to as he makes a living at it, I don't and therefore wouldn't charge anything for my time.

In my opinion one coach can only properly teach up to 3 people at any one time, so keep that in mind.

Cat.

I've shot clays and pigeon with Cat, he's one of the good guys, a real gent who knows what he's on about where shooting is concerned.

I have shot a few registered's with him and learned a great deal, if I were you I'd take his arm off mate!

Thanks Cat , Looks like we've made a start .All we want now is the shy one's to come forward . Surely there are more that would benifit from a bit of coaching . There is no shame in needing help if you do not want to put your name on here send PM . Cat has kindly put himself forward and is willing to help others .so whats your problem .

Thanks for the offer stu , If you can let me know when throckmorton is open , I would love to take you up on your offer .

Cheers john :birthday:

barrowboy,

as you seem to be from worcestershire,

if you head over to throckmorton shooting ground @ pershore,

i can often be found there shooting my practice and would be willing to help out.

Stu

I think its a good idea.

I'm not too proud to say I would accept help from anyone

(assumeing you know which end is which :yay: ).

I was in a shop the other day looking at a gun and the gun

shop owner corrected me on my stance.

I then went out and hit more than I missed, which is good for me :birthday:

So I'm open to any offers in the Yorkshire area.

taz.

Ps from previous posts I've notticed that there arn't that

many posters from my neck of the woods.

Am I on my own up here in Yorkshire :birthday:

taz.

Guest The Outlaw

I would help people if they need it, I am in North Bucks and do most of my shooting at Northampton SG or

Drayton Parslow SG (full details on Pirates profile) I am looking to do a coaching course this year and could do with a

bit of practice.

I have already taught a few people to shoot well and safely and I'm not a bad shot either.

Tony

No Problem John

i think from memory its first and 3rd sundays every month, i have yet to get fixture list for 2008.

i will let you know in due course. Alan who runs the ground is allways keen to help anyone should they require it.

Stu

Thanks for the offer stu , If you can let me know when throckmorton is open , I would love to take you up on your offer .

Cheers john :oops:

I think this is a top idea and hopefully will actually lead to something. Getting a top shot like Catamong to offer his services is the first step and an extremely fine offer.

On a fishing forum I use there is a fully qualified coach who gave the members an opportunity of a days fly casting tuition, about a dozen or so went for it and all of them said it improved their casting no end.

Ok guys it's looks like it's starting to take shape .We now have five people offering their service which I think is great and well spread out so I think we cover several areas .we have

CAT - Hertfordshire

OUTLAW - North Bucks

BERETTA - North Wales

EMMSY - Worcestershire

Now all we require is some more names of those that would like to take up these kind offers , I have a few names at the moment but need some more .so get your name down and area that you would like to attend and we will see how things go over the next week .

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE LADS OFFERING THEIR SERVICE

Regards

John :oops:

Well I thought we would have been over run with people wanting to take on a few lessons , but it would appear that only good shooters use this forum . ! But never mind there are 5 of use that are willing to take up the kind offers , and are willing to travel . Four of us from the midlands and one in cambridge , it would have been nice to have had enough to send 4 to each coach and then to have had a shoot out to see which group had come out best .Winning group each receive a trophie which I am willing to put up . I will give it till Monday evening before we make any plans to give others a chance to get their name down . So come on you shy one's get your name down .

:good:

I hope to be at 4 Counties, near Newbury, this Sunday, (6th), there is a 70 bird registered Sporting for CPSA members, followed by the same layout shot as a 70 bird re-entry.

If anybody wants to shoot the re-entry with me, then PM me, who knows, I'm sure we'll both learn something..??

Cat.

If there is some space left I would love to come down to one of the coaching sessions. Andy's place (West London Sporting Targets) is probably the closest that has been mentioned, was there just before Christmas the meet the man himself. Failing that, Four Counties is not too far from me either, actually shot there on Boxing Day as my first proper round of sporting.

I would like to try and make it to 4 Counties tomorrow, but suffering from this Christmas bug that has been doing the rounds, so might just try and seek out something local depending on how I feel. Also just in the process of moving, so things are a little hectic, but would like to try and get down and do some learning.

Thanks barrowboy for suggesting this, and also the shots offering up some instruction.