What an idiot you are Khan

myuserid

He has got off with very little punishment. His ban is running at the same time as his current ban. It should have been consecutive.

Bit of a difference in accounts. Khan says he had two friends in the car. Police say he was alone. No sign of the friends as defence witnesses. Someone is telling lies.

He has all the signs of going the way of the Clown Prince Naseem Hamed - decnt boxer, glass chin and absolute idiot.

I doubt he got advice to tell lies, which is what the verdict indicates. No brief likes verdicts going against them and this was a foregone conclusion. He did it. Whatever advice anyone is given - they can always ignore it. Personally, I suspect his brief told him to own up.

He would probably have salvaged some reputation by being honest. It clearly doesn't come very easily to him.

Chaps, please remember he will have taken advice from his brief as to what to do and say, so maybe some of the blame should be laid at the legal advice

Thats why there aint any solictors in heaven. :good:

He should gone the same way as we would, minimum of a years ban.

T***

One day he'll have a proper fight with somone who can actualy box and has been boxing to standard consistantly. Not another peice of cannon fodder for TV rating / lining his back pocket.

T

What utter cack. He might be a right **** but he CAN fight. You don't win an Olympic medal in the lighter weights at 17 if you can't.

The hype surrounding his ability is real. The trouble arises when fighters start to believe that the hype is enough and neglect the hard work.

take the race issue and the celebrity status out of it and its the police that cocked up. He wasn't prosecuted for a set speed it appears evidence was lacking and so they couldn't proove he was doing over 100. Just because the policeman had to speed to catch up means nothing he went from a standing start, most people bleat when caught for speeding so why should he hold his hands up and confess to something the police have little evidence for.

Personally I reckon he probably was doing it but like everyone I'd probably say the same as him under the circumstances

take the race issue and the celebrity status out of it and its the police that cocked up. He wasn't prosecuted for a set speed it appears evidence was lacking and so they couldn't proove he was doing over 100. Just because the policeman had to speed to catch up means nothing he went from a standing start, most people bleat when caught for speeding so why should he hold his hands up and confess to something the police have little evidence for.

Personally I reckon he probably was doing it but like everyone I'd probably say the same as him under the circumstances

If you are a famous sportsman and the idol of a large percentage of the disaffected youth of this nation (and other nations) and could afford a driver for the duration of the ban and the uplifted insurance when you get your license back, you might want to just smile and put your hands up and take the medicine.

Edited by Mungler

If you are a famous sportsman and the idol of a large percentage of the disaffected youth of this nation (and other nations) and could afford a driver for the duration of the ban and the uplifted insurance when you get your license back, you might want to just smile and put your hands up and take the medicine.

:good:

Reading between the lines I think the police car was not a motorway high speed persuit car.

Not all police cars have calibrated tachographs in them.

The police were not able to give a accurate speed. The only other way would be to do it over a measured

distance. Driving at that speed the police are not likely to be counting 100 yard road markers timeing the journey.

Cheers taz.

Edited by taz24