Reccommend a flask

monkeyjaimz

Now then fellas, I have a flask which I take to work every day and when I go out shooting, it comes with me - only thing is it doesnt keep the hot things as hot as i'd like it to. It is a branded thermos and not that old.

So, my question is do any of you guys use a flask regularly? and if so, what do you reccommend?

Cheers :blush:

Now then fellas, I have a flask which I take to work every day and when I go out shooting, it comes with me - only thing is it doesnt keep the hot things as hot as i'd like it to. It is a branded thermos and not that old.

So, my question is do any of you guys use a flask regularly? and if so, what do you reccommend?

dont fill it to the top

and keep it verticle

the tops transmit and lose heat. when the flask is layed flat.

thats the scientific answer. ok

Edited by peter-peter

try a hip flask mate. guaranteed winter warmer !!!! :):lol:

dont fill it to the top

and keep it verticle

the tops transmit and lose heat. when the flask is layed flat.

thats the scientific answer. ok

You are a genious sir :huh:

The lid on my thermos is hollow with a lid on the top (presumably to store tea bags and the like etc) I've stuffed this full of polystyrene, sealed it up and bobs your uncle - problem sorted.

My brews have been kept nice and hot ever since, Thanks very much :mad:

Thanks also to all advice given guys :lol:

Edited by monkeyjaimz

Hmm, can't really advise what to buy as im still on the same flask that i bought some 23 years ago. Makers name has long since rubbed off.

It's a fully stainless steel jobbie and it it very well battered now, looks like a bull mastiff has used it as a chew toy . It has been everywhere with me and never fails, has fallen out of the back of the truck many more times than i can remember, sometimes when moving :huh: . The best solution for me is to make the coffee the night before i go out that way it only produces a mild scalding effect when drunk the next day :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Warm the flask for 2-3 minutes with boiling water pre use.

If making tea, warm the pot as above.

A big flask keeps things warm longer because you are putting more heat into it in total and the main area of escape; the stopper is the same size as other smaller flasks.

I agree.I use a cheapo stainless I got free with petrol and if you pre heat it it stays piping all day.