So lucky

dustyfox

I had just had the biggest scare of my life.

I was walking my dog with another person and his dog. Anyway we went down this lane and we let both of our dogs of the lead. At the end of this lane there was a new gas pipe being installed that was going underneath a river. we got closer to it and the workman left the end of the pipe uncovered. My mates 18 week springer went underneath the fence and jump into the pipe went down the pipe about 2 metres as he went to turn around he was slipping further down the pipe, the pipe was at an angle so when the dog tried to climb back out it was slipping further down the pipe and it was wet and muddy, the dog went a further 15 metres and we could only see the reflections in his eyes when I shone my torch on my mobile down. Anyway Me and my mate had to try and get him out we found a pile of plastic ties that was used when they delivered the pipes, we tied some together and put a block of wood down at the end of the makeshift rope so it will go down the pipe. The rope didnt quite reach him and we kept on trying but no luck, as we were doing this the workman on the overside of the fast flowing river were pulling the pipe further in to the other side of the river. So me and my mate had to shout really loud as the river was noisy and the machnery they were using was noisy. luckily one of the gas people turned up on our side of the river and he radioed to the other guys to stop. I decide to phone up the Fire brigade, by this time the dog was not making a noise or trying to move. Five minutes later the fire brigade comes out and they were thinking of how to get the dog out. They said they had two options they cut through the pipe but possibly making the dog scarred making him go further in, or they put a hose pipe down and hope he clings onto it. So they put the hose pipe down and and he wasnt clinging onto it. So they said to my mate have you got a toy that he likes, mate said no. Then I remembered something in the past that my mates dog went in the water was cold when he came out and I put my fleece on the floor so he could warm up. So I took of my fleece and told the fireman to rap it round their hose pipe and put it down the pipe. So slowly they push the hose pipe down and when it got to the dog it just stayed their for a minute, then it put its two front paws on it and very slowly the fireman were pulling up the hose with my mate encouraging his dog to stay on the hose. They got him out with no injuries or anything.

So it has been a lucky night for me and my mate.And I am covered in mud.

df

Sorry if its punc is not right.

Edited by dustyfox

ahh glad to hear its ok... what happend to the workies?

and the good old dusty fox to the rescue :blush:

where abouts was it?

lew

The workman when we said what happened was pooing themselves as they said they shouldnt of left it uncovered. If it wasnt for my fleece I think they would of found him dead. As the dog knows me he clung on to it.

It happened in Alexandria next to the river leven, I think it is the 2nd fastest flowing river in Scotland.

Edited by dustyfox

I had just had the biggest scare of my life.

I was walking my dog with another person and his dog. Anyway we went down this lane and we let both of our dogs of the lead. At the end of this lane there was a new gas pipe being installed that was going underneath a river. we got closer to it and the workman left the end of the pipe uncovered. My mates 18 week springer went underneath the fence and jump into the pipe went down the pipe about 2 metres as he went to turn around he was slipping further down the pipe, the pipe was at an angle so when the dog tried to climb back out it was slipping further down the pipe and it was wet and muddy, the dog went a further 15 metres and we could only see the reflections in his eyes when I shone my torch on my mobile down. Anyway Me and my mate had to try and get him out we found a pile of plastic ties that was used when they delivered the pipes, we tied some together and put a block of wood down at the end of the makeshift rope so it will go down the pipe. The rope didnt quite reach him and we kept on trying but no luck, as we were doing this the workman on the overside of the fast flowing river were pulling the pipe further in to the other side of the river. So me and my mate had to shout really loud as the river was noisy and the machnery they were using was noisy. luckily one of the gas people turned up on our side of the river and he radioed to the other guys to stop. I decide to phone up the Fire brigade, by this time the dog was not making a noise or trying to move. Five minutes later the fire brigade comes out and they were thinking of how to get the dog out. They said they had two options they cut through the pipe but possibly making the dog scarred making him go further in, or they put a hose pipe down and hope he clings onto it. So they put the hose pipe down and and he wasnt clinging onto it. So they said to my mate have you got a toy that he likes, mate said no. Then I remembered something in the past that my mates dog went in the water was cold when he came out and I put my fleece on the floor so he could warm up. So I took of my fleece and told the fireman to rap it round their hose pipe and put it down the pipe. So slowly they push the hose pipe down and when it got to the dog it just stayed their for a minute, then it put its two front paws on it and very slowly the fireman were pulling up the hose with my mate encouraging his dog to stay on the hose. They got him out with no injuries or anything.

So it has been a lucky night for me and my mate.And I am covered in mud.

df

Sorry if its punc is not right.

I hope this wasnt a PW fleece....cranners will put the price up and call them *dog rescue suits*... :good:

Edited by shaun4860