how many carts do you use on one visit

petersclan

i am quite new to clay shooting and visited my local school today with my trusty 73 cartridges and used 54 clays (very good i was too) not! but was good fun but was over far too quick....... less than a hour and was over?

do you make your visits to clay school last longer and if so how?

i am quite new to clay shooting and visited my local school today with my trusty 73 cartridges and used 54 clays (very good i was too) not! but was good fun but was over far too quick....... less than a hour and was over?

do you make your visits to clay school last longer and if so how?

Once you get going, you'll find that you'll end up in a mob of like-minded riff-raff :blink: :blink: :blink:

When you go round in a group of 4 or 6 or whatever, it makes it last much longer, waiting for the others to shoot and all the wind-up and banter. I know what you mean though, if there's only one or two of you shooting, it doesn't really seem like you're getting value for money.

100 clays today lasted well over two hours (that was only 4 of us), plus all the blather and coffee afterwards, makes a good afternoon of it :lol:

Edited by Chard

Typically shoot between 50 and 100 every week at a local shoot. One is a 50 bird that I sometimes do twice, the other is a 70 bird, but never done that twice as it is too much of a rush.

Hoping that with the lighter evenings and an auto clay trap the old man and I can get a bit of cheap evening fun in mid week to.