Man utd minute silence

Blackbart

On the radio tonight they were saying there will be undercover cops in the man city end and any fans that dont respect the minutes silence will be nicked and have the book thrown at them?:good:???

Under what law is that then?Have we got a failure to respect the dead law?Just wondered how you can be arrested for not being quiet?All seems a bit made up to me!!

Think it may have been missquoted? the police are arresting anyone not cheering and providing the players with atmosphere and encouragement, greater manchester police are anticipating arresting 60.000, and retailers are expecting sales of prawn sandwiches to be hit dramatically! however manchester and the feeder roads to the m60, and m62 are expected to be unusually quiet at 5.30.pm as the usual gridlock caused by the waves of bused in wannabee glory hunting supporters, fails to take place, the away section is expecting no difference in noise levels?

cheers KW

Think it may have been missquoted? the police are arresting anyone not cheering and providing the players with atmosphere and encouragement, greater manchester police are anticipating arresting 60.000, and retailers are expecting sales of prawn sandwiches to be hit dramatically! however manchester and the feeder roads to the m60, and m62 are expected to be unusually quiet at 5.30.pm as the usual gridlock caused by the waves of bused in wannabee glory hunting supporters, fails to take place, the away section is expecting no difference in noise levels?

cheers KW

You sound nearly as bitter as a Manchester City fan :good:

Manchester United Plc Ltd Inc.co.cash can't help it if people who don't live in Manchester want to support them. About two thirds of Greater Manchester support them too.

P.S. I'm a Rugby man - all football is a Gaylordian pastime in my opinion - 22 tarts mincing around for 90 minutes, trying to make the cover of Hello magazine :lol: :lol: :lol: B)

Edited by Chard

they will not be arresting fans,they will be ejecting any silly fans who choose to ruin a 1 minuite silence to remember the busby babes,they will also get a life ban from the ground.if they cant keep quiet for 1 minuite they should be shot i reckon :lol::lol::good: lets all remember the flowers of manchester :lol:

I suspect its a public order offence of some sort.

If you are foolish enough to stand among 75,000 people, the vast majority of which are United supporters and ruin the 1 minute silence, the charge would probably be "Inciting Violence".

We could see another phenomenon, "Suicide by Football Crowd".

Surely even the most mindless cretin can keep quiet for 1 minute. :good:

as a I love football i will do it, idont like man u but i respect the dead and the families as well. I dont think they can be nickd for it tho. pulic order ofence mite be the 1 to get them on, or insitement. O W

I suspect its a public order offence of some sort.

If you are foolish enough to stand among 75,000 people, the vast majority of which are United supporters and ruin the 1 minute silence, the charge would probably be "Inciting Violence".

We could see another phenomenon, "Suicide by Football Crowd".

Surely even the most mindless cretin can keep quiet for 1 minute. :good:

Obviously great mindes think a like, Have went went to the same schol, i was in top group thouh O W :lol:

Yes probably the mindless cretins can be quiet but my point is why do they HAVE to be quiet or face arrest?Lets just rename the country china and punish anyone who doesnt toe the line.

Why is it too much to ask to show a little respect for the dead?

if you were at a football match and respecting a minutes silence and he away fans jeered through the minute it wouldn't be very nice and with the history of both clubs involved it would be wise to weed out the naughty moss side boys

Jonno

I know its not nice but since when did being not nice become a criminal offence?

If thats the case simon cowel should be doing life and marmite should be facing the electric chair :lol:

not criminal maybe,but inciting violence(which would probably happen if someone started shouting cmon city in middle of silence) is a criminal offence ,and city management has said they will be banning anyone causing any disturbance during the silence or the game . :good: all footie fans hate opposing fans ,i hate liverpool,but would never spoil a silence for hillsbourough for example :lol:

I know its not nice but since when did being not nice become a criminal offence?

If thats the case simon cowel should be doing life and marmite should be facing the electric chair :lol:

not criminal maybe,but inciting violence(which would probably happen if someone started shouting cmon city in middle of silence) is a criminal offence ,and city management has said they will be banning anyone causing any disturbance during the silence or the game . :good: all footie fans hate opposing fans ,i hate liverpool,but would never spoil a silence for hillsbourough for example :lol:

Well said

Does anyone hate Bradford City? Those poor bast**ds got bunt to death and nobody jeers when they have a minutes silence. You wouldn't get out of valley parade if you did

I had just picked up a lambretta GP200 from Lens in Shipley that afternoon and remember seeing the smoke bellowing out of the ground. I thought it was a mill next to the ground on fire - Very sad

Jonno

I think its all about respect really.Its not illegal to let a door slam in an old ladies face or to **** in a restaurant or turn up at a funeral in a gorilla suit.Unless..........you want to cause upset and outrage,which folk at football matches seem to want to do.Hence the need to treat the public like children and enforce decent behaviour.Hell of a pity really but if you provoke enough outrage then it kicks off.I am not a football fan and cant understand why the usual rules and conventions dont apply in a footy stadium.Depends how youve been brought up I suppose.

I think its all about respect really.Its not illegal to let a door slam in an old ladies face or to **** in a restaurant or turn up at a funeral in a gorilla suit.Unless..........you want to cause upset and outrage,which folk at football matches seem to want to do.Hence the need to treat the public like children and enforce decent behaviour.Hell of a pity really but if you provoke enough outrage then it kicks off.I am not a football fan and cant understand why the usual rules and conventions dont apply in a footy stadium.Depends how youve been brought up I suppose.

;) does farting in tesco count :oops::oops:

Edited by codling99

:oops: does farting in tesco count :oops::lol:

As long as it's not 3 for the price of 2 ;)

I have just watched the highlights of the engerland game ( the kick off, I watch it to see how many of the spit roasting chavs can be bothered to mumble the national anthem, I know most of them wouldnt lower themselves to think anyone is worthy of their singing ) and Im sure I heard a commentator say any fan who abuses the minutes silence at the weekend will be banned from grounds for life ?

Seems a tad harsh to me.

On the radio tonight they were saying there will be undercover cops in the man city end and any fans that dont respect the minutes silence will be nicked and have the book thrown at them? :lol::lol:

Under what law is that then?Have we got a failure to respect the dead law?Just wondered how you can be arrested for not being quiet?All seems a bit made up to me!!

More to the point Blackbart is why would you wonder why they shouldn't be 'nicked'

Respect for the dead is all we need to know, isn't it?

LB

I wondered why they would be nicked because i didnt think "not being quiet" was a criminal offence!!

I would not condone any disrespect or protest and think they should respect the minutes silence but i was baffled at the statement that anyone who makes a noise will be arrested.