Suffolk contest

MC

Stuart,

Why are you getting so wound up? You arrange a shoot a week after a longstanding shoot that we are having with Bucks, on your doorstep and then get all huffy when noone is going.

Are you coming to Milton Keynes?

Do I need to type this in big red letters to get my point accross? or shall I just go and sulk in the corner.

I seem to remember several people saying it was too close to the bucks meet, yet you still carried on. If you are going to behave like some spoilt brat then don't worry about organising anything else because I for one won't be coming. The PW clay shooting regulars are a good bunch of lads, and it is a shame you didn't heed the advice and make it in march.

I don't see how you have spent solid weeks of work organising a meet up at a clay ground anyway.

Don't take it personally you must remember that other people have lives as well

Stuart,

Why are you getting so wound up? You arrange a shoot a week after a longstanding shoot that we are having with Bucks, on your doorstep and then get all huffy when noone is going.

Are you coming to Milton Keynes?

Do I need to type this in big red letters to get my point accross? or shall I just go and sulk in the corner.

I seem to remember several people saying it was too close to the bucks meet, yet you still carried on. If you are going to behave like some spoilt brat then don't worry about organising anything else because I for one won't be coming. The PW clay shooting regulars are a good bunch of lads, and it is a shame you didn't heed the advice and make it in march.

I don't see how you have spent solid weeks of work organising a meet up at a clay ground anyway.

Don't take it personally you must remember that other people have lives as well

First of all, if you were to move your attention from attacking me to actually reading both the body of the thread and my final post, you would learn the following.

1. at least 12 people said yes, which is why i asked for interest before setting it up. This you would learn if you looked at the first few pages of posting.

2. I am not behaving like a spoilt brat, I am simply annoyed and rather dissapointed that people would say yes, and then say no when asked to commit.

3. I couldn't care less if you come to any meets i organise or not - if you are not going to gather all information before having a go.

4. I did not say i had spent weeks organising this, if you were to read my final post clearly, you would see that i said its not as if i spent weeks organising it, but time in the evenings and breaks at work.

5. If i'm organising a shoot, am i really likely to organise it miles and miles away from me? I mean, come on, think about it.

6. I have no problems with any one individual here, but those that all said yes, and then said no, i think perhaps could have been a little more honest in the first instance.

7. How am i meant to take it? Lay down and say there there it's ok? You will never stop me speaking my mind, and in this case i'm not going to change that.

Finally, if you want to continue this, i suggest it moves to PM. It is unfair for other members to have to read this.

Stuart

Stuart,

Take a chill pill Matey, put your toys back in the pram, don't take it personally, it's simply an unfortunate date clash with a PW event the week before, a lot of guys won't commit to deserting their loved ones 2 weeks on the trot, everybody has to strike a balance.

Also, with the greatest of respect, you're a relative newcomer to the forum, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to come along to Drayton Parslow this Sunday to meet that despicable blaggard "The Outlaw", (now fortunately cleansed forever from this forum by our ever vigilant mods, god bless 'em :lol: ), and meet a few PW members face to face..??

I'm sure you'd get a bit more support for the next event you wanted to organise if you got to know a few more people on a one to one basis.

Having said that, don't bend over to tie your shoe laces if the Essex boys are behind you, or you could get a bit more than you expected..!! :lol:

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

Hi Stuart, here's something in the for sales section that you can throw stuff out of...

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=51861

Just kidding, obviously :lol:.

I was replying to the original thread but it got closed as i was typing, anyway...I for one mentioned the Essex V Bucks Comp, in light of that you only changed the date by 7 days. Obviously guys that had shown interest up til that point had a reality check and realised another all day event 2 weekends running is too much.

On a personal note 150 clays in one day is too rich for my wallet.

I'm not running you down, just pointing out what had happened. I hope we can all meet up at another day and have a good laugh/shoot.

Ok, have had overnight to think about it a bit more.

I'm still of the opinion that there should be a little allowance for my being annoyed, after all, if you had tried to organise something wouldn't you be if it were not happening?

In a nut shell, I honestly think that this time I have learned my lesson, and whilst I agree that I may have over reacted, I don't think I want to try and organise any kind of event in the future. I am more than happy to support other individuals/events if I am asked, but I am afraid that I have now drawn a line under trying to do it myself in future.

Sorry for that, but as I said earlier, when you have tried to do something, and as soon as people are asked to commit they don't, it makes you look like a complete ***** (especially in the eyes of the sponsors that I managed to obtain for the event, namely trophies for 1,2,3 and 1 for non members, and not to mention the supply of 2 cases of wine as an addition).

As I said, thats my final thoughts on it, and on my side there are no hard feelings.

But I do take exception to being called a spoilt brat. :lol:

Stu

Edited by stuart smith

:lol: Well done Stuart, at least you made the effort to arrange something! and thanks for that.

Some people will go all their lives and do nothing but take advantage of other people doing all the work. I've been through this and it hurts!

as said previously...maybe other things were against you... but its would have been good if all this advice had come to you sooner???

You will soon get over it mate...........you tried, thats all that matters.

So, where are you going shooting sunday.........if its not to much £ I just might make the trip from Cambridge!!! :lol:

:good: Well done Stuart, at least you made the effort to arrange something! and thanks for that.

Some people will go all their lives and do nothing but take advantage of other people doing all the work. I've been through this and it hurts!

as said previously...maybe other things were against you... but its would have been good if all this advice had come to you sooner???

You will soon get over it mate...........you tried, thats all that matters.

So, where are you going shooting sunday.........if its not to much £ I just might make the trip from Cambridge!!! :angry:

Thanks for those kind words mate, means a lot!

I'm shooting at Barrow Heath, just off tha A14 at Risby (not barrow, funnily enough), and it's a CPSA registered day, 100 english sporting, £32 for competition, £28 for Birds only.

I usually arrive at about half 11, so drop me a PM if you fancy it, and i'll meet you there with the rest of the troop!! :good:

Stu