Driving tractors

charlie 1

Hi guys

was hoping that someone could help me with a query i have. i don't know where to find the answer and i have looked.

please could someone tell me the law regarding driving large tractors. i would like to know what licence if any i need to drive one on the road and what age as well.

thank you very much.

charlie

Ok thank you guys, so as far as i am aware then i can drive any tractor and trailer as long as neither are wider than 2.45m

The tractors i will be driving are in between the types you mentioned so there not the biggest of big tractors but for a starter its big enough lol.

was just curious as to where i stood as i will be needing to drive them as soon as i can.

And so i have to be 21+ to be able to drive anything bigger than 2.45m wide.

thanks again

charlie

well guys thank you for all your comments, it isn't the offroad bit that is a problem it is the fact that i can't take it on the road.

So do i have to do a test or can i just drive the tractor with a full drivers licence.?

And the tractor i will be needed to drive is a claas nectis 247 f so it isn't that big. will i still have to wait till im 21.

I'm just curious as it is important that i can drive them as soon as, also i was told that i can drive a tractor at 17 but it is getting clearer that i can't. so just making sure.

thanks again

Edited by charlie 1

im only 15 (nearly 16) and with this new law thats comming in (aparently) where you cant take your driving test untill you arre 18 I might aswell get a tractor at 16..................... Might look a bit odd when i turn up to school with a tractor though?

LOL

I drove a Fastrac to school many years ago, labouring under the misapprehension that it was funny. Backing it out of a crowded school car park was not so funny.

If you really want to make an impression, Toby, drive a sugar-beet harvester into school. All the other road users will love you.

ok guys thank you very much i think i just about get it.

so in may when i turn 17 and sort out my driving test when i pass i should then be able to drive the nectis on the road legally and other small tracters.

ok hope i have this right lol.

thanks again for all the comments

charlie

I drove a Fastrac to school many years ago, labouring under the misapprehension that it was funny. Backing it out of a crowded school car park was not so funny.

If you really want to make an impression, Toby, drive a sugar-beet harvester into school. All the other road users will love you.

me too but it wasa JD3610 i had stayed at the farm the nightbefor and was late for school so off i went

oh and for christ sake dont drive on the road untill you are leagle i did it was when the fasttrack first came to the farm and i had a marshal 18 foot bale tralet on fully loaded with silage on the A595 when i got pulled at the age of 15 9 pionts on my tiket and the FAO asking lots of questions when i applied for my FAC

good luck highseas

the tester jumped out in the road in front of me to test my reactions....

Did ya get im??? :welcomeani::good: B)

I remember standing on the brakes and slewing the thing sideways, but back in those days most tractors hardly did more that 18mph, not like the speeds the new ones clock.

The Case and JD's we run now are much better on the roads!

jerry