Midland game fair

turk101

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why the midland game fair charge £11.00 on the SATURDAY and £13.00 on the SUNDAY ?.

Although I would not miss it, I think the prices are getting a bit steep.

It would be better if they charged per car, as they do at the cheshire show (£10.00). Then you could take the family or your mates. Just a thought :yp:

TUC.

tucker

Dont know why the prices have gone up so much in recent years; but I dont think that its right to compare the Cheshie fair with the Midland.

Ive been lucky and for two out of the last three years Ive won tickets in a Sporting Gun competition.

If you have either Sporting Gun or Shooting times there is a cut out coupon to save £1. Can I suggest that you fill it out before you go!

webber

Webber

I do agree that you can not compare the two shows, but taken into consideration the amount of people that attend the middland, I think they could lower their prices just a little bit. I know a few people who would like to go with their families but could not afford it. After all it is advertised as a day out for all the family. Its not to bad for me, I go with the lads and only have to pay for myself.

Tucker

I agree with you.

I have previously posted about the delights and otherwise of taking Mrs. webber to a game fair. The only advantage that I have discovered is that she is available for immediate short term loans ( that dont get repayed) and is well versed in the carrying of bags, thus leaving both my hands free to rummage through the stalls.

An even better idea is to take my mates lad, as he can resist the urge to do the the craft tents etc.

webber

Assume Mrs Tucker owns more than one pair of shoes or even more than one handbag?

Ask her why she needs more than one of any of these such items. She'll get the hint or get fed up eventually.

WARNING!

This strategy is high risk and can cause injury or withdrawal of priviliges

With the approval of Deako, I would like to propose an idea that worked very well at last years Midland Game fair.

Instead of us all turning up at Deakos, to buy his wonderful products on his stand, at all times of the day, last year some of the members on here met up at either 11.00am or 3.00pm on both days.

That way you get to visit Deako and go to the Pigeon Watch Arms ( on tour ) at the back of his stand, and put a face to some of the Pigeonwatch members.

:yp: