£25k benefit cheat will pay £1

pigeonshooter76

AN asylum seeker who fiddled £25,000 in benefits – while he had £500,000 in the bank – has been ordered to pay back just ONE POUND.

Cheating Massoud Montazery, 29, claimed money to pay his rent, council tax and gas and electricity bills.

Investigators who checked up on him found a luxury BMW car and swish Jaguar X-type parked outside his home.

Vanished

But by the time cops hauled Iranian Montazery into court yesterday under new laws designed to confiscate crooks’ cash, the £500,000 had vanished from his bank.

And with nothing left for the State to seize, Montazery was ordered to pay back a nominal amount of £1 which he claimed was all he could afford.

Now immigration officials have begun proceedings to have him kicked out of Britain. But Matthew Elliott, of the Taxpayers’ Alliance, said last night: “This is a slap in the face for taxpayers who have not only had their money stolen, but also had to pay for a police investigation and a costly court hearing – all for the sake of £1.â€

Montazery came to the UK in 2001 claiming that he faced persecution from political opponents in Iran.

He was twice refused asylum but was allowed to stay after his wife became pregnant.

Fraud investigators began checking up on him after spotting the two expensive cars outside his home.

Then they discovered that he had been working for a baby equipment firm while claiming benefits.

A search revealed Montazery had also splashed out on designer clothes, a fur coat for his wife and an expensive new carpet. When immigration officials later called at his home, he cheekily asked them to remove their shoes so they wouldn’t make the carpet dirty.

Montazery was given a nine-month suspended jail term in January after being convicted of making false statements to obtain benefits.

And yesterday cops hauled him back to Liverpool Crown Court hoping to recover £24,973 through a Proceeds of Crime application. But the court decided Montazery, of Walton, Merseyside, had NO recoverable assets.

Advertisement

Last night a Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: “If further evidence emerges to suggest this individual has recoverable assets the application will be remade. He still owes around £25,000 and this has not altered.â€

It is thought Montazery has exhausted all avenues of appeal over deportation and could be ordered to leave the UK within two months.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember this scumbag here is a link to the story, now if your white on a pension and cant afford your community theft charge of to chokey you go?

ethnic minority missdoers? (work out the proper words) missus was as bad she had already been done for fraud.

cheers KW

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n...00252-20393971/

Only angry that he's cheated the British people when he had so much stashed away and shouldn't have been here in the first place, couldn't care what colour he is

I agree that he has cheated British people. I also totally agree that he should be severely punished ...BUT

1. British people include non whites.

2. He has also cheated the thousands of Non-British people too. These include thousands of Non-British (predominantly non-whites) who work hard, and pay taxes in Britain, and help us to pay the pensions of predominantly white pensioners.

Edited by GamezBond

Im as discraced as the next person this is a riseing probleim in our once great britain but in a way we have all added to this probleim and if your cussin at me now think of your car,, were was it made your clothes .food and so on,, what is our countrys nataral resorces :good: i think war is one of our only ways of getting buy and im tottaly against war, but if we ALL keep on letting globalisation take over and ruen the planit [whitch every one is allowed to live on] we will find a lot worser things than bennifit froud and im not sayin this 4letter word of a man should be allowed to stay here coz he should go home but we all do contebute to the probleim,,,, and please dont even think of the b,n,p i went to a meet once and all i sore was uninteligble drueling fools who only promote hate and crime there pollices are there to discrimanate not help our beloved country...

If we want to stop crimes like the one this post is abuot we need to stop the crimes been commited all over the world buy our and many other govoments... the one world goverment will come into play and 80% of the world will be wiped out so please dont fool your self into thinking it wont happen here as its already stating... we live in a police state and things aint gona stop and before people say i bet this guy wants us all to hold hands and sing hippy songs just think of what goes on in the world... Im not left or right im a humanist and i think all people have the right to live in good clean conditions..... any way im gettin carried away with myself so im gona shut up and im sorry if i offened any one but this is only my thourghts and im NOT a bloomin rainbow child , im far from it...... good day to all

i bet your food comes from another country and your happy with that.... and are you awere of how many times this country has been invaded your blood id like to bet isnt 100% british go check it out... i think you dont think..... sorry

Edited by skb 557

Oh for Gods sake, spare us this hug-an-immigrant ****. :good:

The bottom line is, he's come over here from overseas to fleece the system, because the puling, whining lefties and liberals in this country have made it easy for him to do so.

Common sense says kick the ****** out and his wife and brats, but no, that would be violating his ******* human rights.

It's this kind of "don't say anything against him, it's racist" mentality that's got us in the mess we're in, I certainly don't want any more of it shoved down my throat on here.