A sobering thought...

Deako

Again yet another "Townie" comment who does not understand or grasp the full picture of what farms actually provide!!!

These so called educated people should be made to work on a farm and see what actually goes on all they are commenting on is the overview that they see, just like the bunny huggers that are trying to attack our country sports :lol:

Do we need domestic farming?

If we assume that there will never ever be anything disrupting supplies of non-domestic food; then no.

This assumes there will never be:

Foul weather

Domestic unrest (home or at source)

Fuel supply issues

War (locally or at food source)

If one looks to the past it is quite clear that any or all of the above are not only likely but inevitable at some stage. This is precisely why domestic farming was encouraged to become more efficient after the WWWII. We learn the lessons and quickly forget them.

Or has been put by a cleverer chap than I:

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to relive it.

As far as I am concerned the British Farming Industry is the best in the world...

I dont buy Danish Bacon, New Zealand Lamb, French Beef or Apples, (especially anything French) My Milk is from the Cotswold Dairy and bread from the local bakers who use British grown wheat.

If the Public want to buy imported inferior products of mass production thats up to them but I WONT !

British Farmers and their Sons and farm workers left the fields in their droves in 1914 to go off and fight the Hun, Hundreds of thousands didnt come back.

90 years is a short time in the great scheme of things and I still think we owe them something.

Demand British produce and support the domestic farmer.

FM.

Demand British produce and support the domestic farmer.

I'm with you all the way FM. :lol:

Once upon a time in the not so distant past, this country was great at a lot of things, now it appears we just do as we're told by the powers that be and don't argue back. It just p***es me off.

I work for one of the largest pork producers in the country,we are handling a third of the home grown pigs that we did 10yrs ago.But we are putting the same amount out of the gate.HOW,we have dutch,spanish lorries bringing meat in.Once it is proccessed it is put on the shelves of a major supermarket as british produce.WHY is this allowed to happen i hear you ask,because blair doesn't want the country side or farmers :lol: when you go to the butcher ask him if it is genuine british home grown meat,if not buy it,and feed it to your dog thats all its good for.Most supermarkets have foreign meat on the shelves,don't think that if it has the little red tractor on it it british cos it aint always.This doesn't only apply to meat

I work for one of the largest pork producers in the country,we are handling a third of the home grown pigs that we did 10yrs ago.But we are putting the same amount out of the gate.HOW,we have dutch,spanish lorries bringing meat in.Once it is proccessed it is put on the shelves of a major supermarket as british produce.WHY is this allowed to happen i hear you ask,because blair doesn't want the country side or farmers when you go to the butcher ask him if it is genuine british home grown meat,if not buy it,and feed it to your dog thats all its good for.Most supermarkets have foreign meat on the shelves,don't think that if it has the little red tractor on it it british cos it aint always.This doesn't only apply to meat

Taken from rob g. Don't knoe how to make the quote box like the rest of you.

The so called 'supermarkets' are instrumental in our produce decline.

LB

Lurcherboy....

Just left click your mouse button on the Quote icon at the top lright hand corner of the post you want to quote and it will appear in a seperate dialogue box with another larger box above it to enter your message.

You can use the normal functions of your keyboard to highlight and delete sections of the quoted text, When you have finished just click the add reply box at the bottom.

Now you try.... with this quote....

"Lurcherboy is no longer a technical dinosaur !"

FM.

Lurcherboy....

Just left click your mouse button on the Quote icon at the top lright hand corner of the post you want to quote and it will appear in a seperate dialogue box with another larger box above it to enter your message.

You can use the normal functions of your keyboard to highlight and delete sections of the quoted text, When you have finished just click the add reply box at the bottom.

Now you try.... with this quote....

"Lurcherboy is no longer a technical dinosaur !"

FM.

Thanks FM for dragging me kicking and screaming into the new millenium.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

LB :lol: