Shotgun Tax

Millomite

I can't believe it. I've just heard the Environment Secretary speaking on Radio 4 about the new shotgun tax. It seems this has been brought in 'under the radar', as it was in the small print of the last budget statement, but received no media coverage. It is due to come in to force today! All owners of shotguns will now be liable for an annual tax payment of £117. This will be due on the 1st of January each year, although owners of side by sides will be able to pay in two instalments, in Jan and July each year. They are talking about a further increase for users of plastic wadding, because of the environmental impact. There may be reductions possible for those who have to use a gun for business purposes, or who can prove beyond reasonable doubt that they have less environmental impact. I believe this will involve a range trial, where you will have to miss at least 50% of the clays you go for. When will this government stop punishing the non-townies?

oh my super idea i do feel i dont do enough for the goverment and this tax would make me feel so much better it can come out of my tax bank account the same one as my road tax for my 4x4 and the stamp duty for the house i am buying and the tax on having a actual bank account ,dont sometime you feel like your working just for paying tax :good: