Orwells Britain!

berettaman1

For Gods sake.!!!What is happening to our?? Country??,..... just been reading about a young WHITE MARRIED MAN,... Who has been given a criminal record?... for his wheely bin lid being open for 4 inches,? prior to collection!!!Not only has he been fined over £200.00 , and now has to pay an extra £15.00 , ( for victims of crime fee ?) he is now on record as classified the same as a murderer, a rapist, and any other low life???....FOR ****S sake why are we just lying down and taking this ****??... We all scorn the French and make jokes about their war record, but, They dont take this big brother ****, that we do!!!I have neighbours who dont recycle, and are quite happy to just stick anything in their bins,(often to overflowing!)......Tell you what,... I have a as new, .177 HW 95K. fitted with an, as new Simmons 3X9X40 scope, if one of you guys buy it, Then the the chap being done for £200.00 for his CRIME?? can have the money.!!

Easy targets. Why would you spend money trying to catch tricky crims when you can have an easy ride of it?

Same with tax I guess... Too hard to go after the high earners, they can afford to hide it/avoid it. Too hard to go after the low earners, they don't earn enough to make it worthwhile. Easy to go after the middle earners, they don't earn enough to hire accountants, but they earn enough to make it worthwhile.

Its unbelievable that the council would actually pay for two guys time to go and take photos etc only to catch someone who has left the bin open. and then further hire lawyers to prosecute this guy. As correctly said already, he is just an easy target (and a fool too). If you have a life, a house, career, a family, and are not a no-one (in other words got something to lose), the British Govt would do or allow to be done, absolutely anything to threaten you, so they can have a bit more of your money. And this is a perfect example of that. :yes:

"the council actually sent two blokes on surveillance and photographed the bin"

Unfortunately the current bunch of scumbags running this country rely on people doing these jobs to keep the economy going. If you get paid a lot of money for doing a non-job, you're more likely to spend it on shiny electronic stuff.

Hey presto! You have an economy that runs itself, for a while anyway, then the money runs out and we go into a recession. OOPS it's already happening!

he's a ***8, he's ignored it rather than fight it, so he got a penalty notice then ignored that for 6 months. Then didn't turn up at court when they did him for non payment. I'd have been along to fight it

To be honest, if this is correct, he did himself no favours did he? Possibly if he had fought the charge, he would have had a slap on the wrist as it was the first case. Ignoring a penalty notice, then ignoring the court is asking for trouble in any circumstances, as al4x says, he should have fought it.

It has to be a JOKE! We're having our legs pulled here!

i take it you did not watch the news it was on BBC and ITV news and they showed the legal doc and the council confirmed they had given it and they felt it was right to do so.

Oh NOooooooooooo!!!!!! It's true? Gadzooks! I'm changing my signature back to 'Every day is April Fools Day.... with this government!'

How does a fine for not closing a wheely bin lid (ludicrous as it is) constitute a criminal offence and a criminal record? Surely this would come under local by-laws, not criminal law? Maybe someone with some legal knowledge could clarify this.

I find it hard to believe that if this guy applies for a SGC, under "Any convictions for criminal offences", he will have to put "not closing lid of wheely bin".

How does a fine for not closing a wheely bin lid (ludicrous as it is) constitute a criminal offence and a criminal record? Surely this would come under local by-laws, not criminal law? Maybe someone with some legal knowledge could clarify this.

I find it hard to believe that if this guy applies for a SGC, under "Any convictions for criminal offences", he will have to put "not closing lid of wheely bin".

I don't know all the details as I wasn't paying full attention to the news but I think the criminal offence was non payment of fines and possibly not showing up in court.

I don't know all the details as I wasn't paying full attention to the news but I think the criminal offence was non payment of fines and possibly not showing up in court.

Aha, that's different isn't it, so it's self inflicted, rather than a gross miscarriage of justice as we were led to believe in the original post?

Original post;

"For Gods sake.!!!What is happening to our?? Country??,..... just been reading about a young WHITE MARRIED MAN,... Who has been given a criminal record?... for his wheely bin lid being open for 4 inches,? prior to collection!!!"

Edited by bob300w

From ITV

He was charged with overfilling his bin, which had its lid raised but did not pay the fine of £110 and was taken to court, where he was ordered to pay an extra £100 in prosecution costs and a £15 court surcharge.

On the news it says because he did not pay the fine he was taken to court but he did attend to court so it was not that.

Shows what happens when you elect a crazy Conservative council to run your borough.

What these idiots fail to realise is that it is not householders or families that create rubbish. It is manufacturers and distributors. Most of what goes into my wheelie bin is packaging materials that I would happily do without.

Bureaucracy gone mad.

Jim

The state can't socially control innocent men. We're all slowly becoming criminalised!! I just hope that my son doesn't grow up thinking all this is normal! I’m going to try my best to make sure that doesn't happen!

Edited by Stevec

One of the main problems these days; the average person has no idea of even the basic workings of the legal system or what rights they have to challenge such ludicrous actions. As such councils can run ribbons round them with their highly paid team of attack-lawyers.

It should be mandatory that information on how such penalties can be challenged is clearly printed on the notices with the CLS direct number so they can challenge this idiotic fine.

Of course 11 years of Labour has seen enormous cuts in legal aid and advice agency funding; did you know you have to claim legal aid now even for more than one visit to the CAB?!! Brilliant money making scheme they have here; make it as hard as possible to get legal advice so when silly laws are used no one dares to challenge them.

I had a parking ticket issued for not displaying a ticket in a council car park; there was no need to as it was free to blue-badge holders. In a fit of post-journey nausea, I didn't put it up properly on the dash as I was trying to get out of thr car and into the fresh air asap. It took 4 letters, dozens of phone calls and 3 emails over 4 months to get them to drop the ticket as they kept pretending they had lost my appeal notice... :-(

mr_colt